IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New photographer, needs new camera...

5 posters

Go down

New photographer, needs new camera... Empty New photographer, needs new camera...

Post  MrRouge Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:11 am

Hey guys, I want to give a quick story.

I went to a modeling agency, they were looking for new print models and they invited me in for an interview. Very Happy Anyways, they said I was either too short or to heavy so I needed to loose one. I also told them I was into photography. So I want to really start my photography career with a niece camera. I am tired of my phone, disposables, and digital. I want a new camera, more of a proffesional one.

Does anyone know what type of camera I should get. I was going for a Nikon d3x, but I actually want to go to college, so it is not my best bet to spend half a semester of funds on it...anyone have any suggestions? I dont want to spend too much...too much is 8,000 like the nikon d3x...
MrRouge
MrRouge

Back to top Go down

New photographer, needs new camera... Empty Re: New photographer, needs new camera...

Post  Erik Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:01 am

Idk, but what's your blog? lol.
Photography's so much fun. I'm part of my yearbook team. Gotta love awkwardly taking pictures of events while everyone stares at you! Very Happy
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

New photographer, needs new camera... Empty Re: New photographer, needs new camera...

Post  Mikiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:47 am

I'll ask Ballard since he seems to be big on photography haha. I, on the other hand, know not much about cameras haha.
Mikiel
Mikiel

http://www.myspace.com/485390558

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:47 am

I think any camera is fine. I've been doing photography for four years and i use an average digital camera. I think professional cameras are only good for macro shots(close up). You can make pictures look amazing with photoshop. Thats what I usually do.

heres an example:

https://2img.net/h/oi49.tinypic.com/skw26e.jpg
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:34 am

i would recommend a rebel, especially if you're a beginner.
the body's great for beginners cause it can take a lot, the quality of the pictures are awesome, the shutter speed is great, it's just really neat.
they're not expensive either. the xsi is like 650
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:36 am

ohhh do you want a dslr? or a film camera?
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 am

oh and canon >nikon.
canon's more versatile and you can use almost any lenses, memory cards, or whatever on it.
ohhh you should look at filters. filters are geniuses, really.
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRouge Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:01 pm

I was really looking for a dslr...and i saw the Nikon d5000 and i fell in love with the camera...I do want to start doing portraits...i think if i get into the business i can make on average 100 bucks a week which will help pay off college...
MrRouge
MrRouge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum