IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look what this storm did to my backyard =(

3 posters

Go down

Look what this storm did to my backyard =( Empty Look what this storm did to my backyard =(

Post  Karasu Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:15 am

Yeah so this freak storm hit on saturday and totally ruined staten island. I had no power for a day and some people still dont have power. I think theres downed trees on every block. Also some place havel ike 4 feet of water.

I know this doesnt even compare to hurrican damage, but its very unusual for something like this to happen in nyc. These trees have been there since before my house was built.

Heres what my backyard used to look like:
Look what this storm did to my backyard =( 7101s8

And now:
https://2img.net/h/oi44.tinypic.com/99dwmd.jpg

https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/6h8214.jpg

https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/10s589i.jpg

Thankfully they came down slowly so they didnt do any damage. Im still gunna miss them though; it was like having a mini forest =/
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Look what this storm did to my backyard =( Empty Re: Look what this storm did to my backyard =(

Post  Mellykakes Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:25 am

awh. That stinks. So many freaking telephone poles fell, and a lot of trees but only big ass branches fell in my backyard. thank god. because we have so many trees haha.
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Look what this storm did to my backyard =( Empty Re: Look what this storm did to my backyard =(

Post  This is Chris Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 am

damn, that sucks. but at least they didn't do much damage.

i was really lucky because my neighbor's big ass tree is already tilting towards my bedroom, but fortunately it didn't fall down.

in my town there are so many closed streets because there were so many uprooted trees. like, parts of sidewalks that had roots under them are now in the street. it's ridiculous.

it was so scary because i was on the train that night when it was really bad because i was going into the city to see Wicked (which was AMAZING by the way.) i thought the train was going to just tip over and fall off the tracks.

a bunch of my friends' power went out. some people lost their heat and water too. fortunately, i didn't though.
This is Chris
This is Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 am

Very Happy i love wicked

but yeah i cant believe so many trees fell down, i wonder how long it will take to get rid of them. I was walking to the train today and i saw one tree in the middle of the street and another through someones roof.
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum