IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINAL SHOOTS!

5 posters

Go down

FINAL SHOOTS! Empty FINAL SHOOTS!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 am

Thats right guys, the most pivotal moment of the competition is here!
The final 3 photoshootm which will decide our Final 2!
Unlike other cycles, there will be NO F2 shoot. After the next panel, we will jump straight into the vote for the winner!

Here they are!

Commercial Jump:

JARED:

FINAL SHOOTS! Jared18

CONNAN:

FINAL SHOOTS! Connan18

CHANTAL:

FINAL SHOOTS! Chantal18

Fish Beauty:

JARED:

FINAL SHOOTS! Jared16

CONNAN:

FINAL SHOOTS! Connan16

CHANTAL:

FINAL SHOOTS! Chantal16

Vogue Covers:

JARED:

FINAL SHOOTS! Jared10

CONNAN:

FINAL SHOOTS! Connan10

CHANTAL:

FINAL SHOOTS! Chanta10

Last edited by Sweet_Tyra on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

FINAL SHOOTS! Empty Re: FINAL SHOOTS!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:03 am

Also, I asked them to tell us why they should be in the Final 2 as well as who they would like to see standing next to them. Here are their responses:

CHANTAL:

I think you should choose me to be in the final 2 because I started off as the favourite and now I’m the underdog and what a shock it would be for the now underdog to pop up and win the competition. Also its time for a Brit to win!!

I would like to be against Jared in the final 2 even though he is tons better than me but I would think it would be cool for two former runner-ups to be going for first position in the final.

I have no idea why I don’t want Conon in the F2, its just I want Jared there more (if that makes sense) but I would be happy with him there too.

CONNAN:

I should be in the final 2 because I've got something completely different from Jared and Chantal. Jared has his bone structure, and Chantal has her fashion sense. Both of which they had at the start of the competition; and continue to have now. However, I had neither (still don't have bone structure actually) BUT I've figured out a way to make it come thru on film; whether it be thru angles, or elongating my limbs for height. I've taken elements from my aesthetic and mixed it with things that would appeal to others; I don't think Jared and Chantal have done that b/c they relied on their innate traits to get them to the finals. That shows greater progression on my end, not to mention the ability transform my look again and again. If this is a competition where bone structure and fashion sense are the key to success, by all means they should be in the finals.....but if its about becoming a model, portraying a variety of looks, and learning from the critiques..... it's definitely me.

I think Jared deserves to be in the finals. He has learned from his critiques and performed well. Chantal hasn't taken her critiques to heart. She's been criticized for her over-exposed photos on more then one occasion. She also hasn't performed as well as she did in her own cycle. IMO, she hasn't been as versatile this cycle.

JARED:

I should be included in the final 2 because I have put my sweat, blood and tears into this experience. Not only have I been the model but basicly the entire production crew; scouting locations, generating ideas, arranging props, designing & altering clothes, doing hair & make-up, photographing, adjusting lighting, making selects.. I feel like I belong in the fashion industry. I've been awarded three first-call-outs and when my final outcome wasn't the creme de la creme I was still solid and managed to be the only one not to land in the bottom 2 thoughout the whole cycle, proving to be the most consistant of the 3 remaining contestants.
Collaborating on works of art with people is something I'm so lucky to have the chance to do and to be featured in that art is surreal to me. As many unusual thoughts as I have floating around in my head, being given some guidelines and inspiration helped me thrive and focus my energy. Between the inspiration from the photoshoot briefs and my own creative aspirations I have proven myself to be totally versatile. Showing that emotion can come through a photo even it's in a blinding shade of red, selling a feeling when there was no item to be featured, showing I can sell a product when there is one, showing that I can have a presence with glasses over my eyes, with only my eyes, with long hair or short hair, styled as geek or punk, simple with it all stripped away, dramatic with a circus behind me and a face full of make-up. I've shown I can morph into a pretzel or a ghost or an aboriginal ballerina warrior and there is so much more to come.
Now that my brain has the fashion juices going I have big plans for upcoming shoots and I plan on making you guys very proud. This chance has meant a tremendous amount to me and to be in the final 2 would be even more tremendous. I hope you guys can feel that I want this- need this- live this. When I go hikes in the woods I literally will walk for miles up and down hills, through mud and streams as if I'm on a runway. The desire to perform is overwhelming and thrilling so thank you for letting me perform all this time and just know my whole heart is in this. I know some people feel they don't know me uber-well because I'm not a huge poster but that's just me trying to concentrate and feel what move is being made next. I would be a great addition to the previous winners on the judging panel where my personality would be able to run loose instead of having such tunnel vision about my performence, so give me a chance in the top 2! I swear if there's a final suprise runway show where I have to walk on hot coals I will do it and make it look easy breezy.

During cycle 2 I was a little catapillar with big dreams and now after having this second chance to evolve and grow it's finally time to spread my wings and fly.

As for who else should be in the top 2.. it's a really tough decision because Connan is lightyears ahead of his performence from our original cycle, but Chantal has proven to be able to turn out showstopping photographs. Although she may have faltered within recent weeks I get the impression that fashion is her passion, she can hold her face, work her body, rock the catwalk and sell all sorts of commercial products that call for adoreableness. So I'd have to say Chantal is the model I want to compete against in the final 2. Remember Connan said he wanted his picture stamped with "fail"! Or burned like Hell's Kitchen?? I can't remember which it was.
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Firebolt Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 am

Is this like a stare-down to see who is going to judge first?

Firebolt
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Lol im just waiting for the vogue covers
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 pm

JARED

Commercial
This is so kickass. It's like you took Mary Poppins and made her fashion. Fahshun. My only negatives are that 1) we cant' really see your face, but if it were all zoomed in we wouldn't get to see the whole picture, so it's aight, and 2) that I don't like the styling. That is all.

Fish
This is...weird. Your expression is weird. I'm all "Is he mocking me? Is he thinking about throwing the fish at me? Cause that'd be gross, y'all". I don't like the way you're using your prop. It was supposed to be you guys using dead sea creatures as an accessory, not a prop. I think you were going for "hat" but the way you're holding it with your hat just makes it look like you holding a dead fish on yo head.

Vogue
This is so FAHHHSHUUUUN. It's so simple and commanding and grrr.

Connan
Commercial
What I like about this picture is that you're all up in the air and that's all we see. HowevI liker, I don't like the styling and the expression. You look uncomfortable. And what's with the bottle?

Fish
I like that you're all stoic and shiz. You look like a mannequin but not in a "dead in the eyes" sort of way, you know? I'm not totally digging the spiderman's web on your face, but you used the lobster well and your expression's aight.

Vogue
I like this picture. I don't like the background, I think it's too busy and distracting, It would have been better if you were up against like a simple wall or something, but I like the theme of it. The picture, I mean.

Chantal
Commercial
You look so happy and fresh, but you managed to look a little bit uncomfortable even if you do look naturally happy. I like the styling and i like what you were going for, but what I would have done was jump from the table instead of the bench and place the camera in a way that didn't show it. Cheat, if you may.

Fish
I'm such a big fan of your first fish picture, so I gotta say I'm a little disappointed in this. You didn't use the fishes as an accessory at all, and it's way too overexposed.

Vogue
I like what you were going for, but I'm not totally a fan of the final outcome. You overexposed this so much that you're losing your features. Like you know how Voldemort only has slits for a nose? I bet if you were facing us directly, that's what it would be like. If I learned something in my PH108 class, is that having shadows and negative space always make pictures more attractive.

COMMERCIAL
JARED
CONNAN
CHANTAL

FISH
CONNAN
JARED
CHANTAL

VOGUE
JARED
CONNAN
CHANTAL

btw leigh, the FAHSHUN part in my jared comments is a link, can you copy it exactly like that?

Last edited by Nigel on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Firebolt Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 am

Did Bree quit the panel btw?

Firebolt
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:24 am

yes, she did
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 am

sorry, guys avess was meant to do it but now apparently cant

can either of you do it for me? i dont have fancy photoshop skillz
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Firebolt Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:23 pm

I don't have photoshop period.

Firebolt
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:31 am

JUMPING:

Jared:

I LOVE this! It looks so effortless. And not only that its so joyous and infectious, I really liked what you did with the umbrella, it brought such an uplifting element into the shoot, and it certainly helped in connecting that happiness with the audience. You have sold that umbrella with perfection- it has a kind of modern Poppins-esque feel to it, which I think people would really connect with. Great job!

Connan:

Man, you really dont pull off commercial do you? This looks so manic and crazy. Theres too much tension in the face. But unlike your last commercial efforts, you have actually tried here, and I admire that.

Chantal:

This is another one that looks manic! It doesnt look natural, your brain process of hoping to land on the ground on both feet is reading all over your face. But, the smile doesnt look forced, thats one part that does come across as natural and believable.

Jared
Connan
Chantal

FISHY

Jared:

This is a strange angle for your face, but I kinda like it. I like what you did with the netting over your eyes, it really makes them pop even more. The contours of your body, especially the shoulder, are a bit odd though for a beauty shot, its kinda too many different shapes to look at maybe? I dunno theres something off about it. Its pretty decent though!

Connan:

The makeup looks kinda draggish and costumey, it definitely wasnt appropriate for a beauty shoot. But, I love the extension of your neck and your features look amazing here. Hello Mr Pinchy! He looks like your best friend perched up on to of your head haha

Chantal:

I LOVE how you licked the fish, because youve already impressed us with this shoot before, it was important for you to go one stepo further and you have! I kinda wish your right arm wasnt holding the fish up though, because it looks to rehearsed and premeditated- it wouldve been cool if it felt more spontaneous and outrageous. I am a little disturbed by the size of the left hand lol, but your eyes are INCREDIBLE.

Connan
Jared
Chantal

VOGUE:

Jared

EFFFFF YESSSSSSS. I LOVE this shot, its one of my faves from this cycle. You look like the love child of La Roux and Macauley Culkin. Its FIIIIEEEERCE!!!! I wanna print it off and hang it on my wall. STUNNING!!!

Connan:

You cant see it as well after the editing, but I really liked how you had pictures of the eliminated contestants with Xs through their faces lol, that was really cool. I love the drama of this shot and you look incredible, again, your festures are popping and you are really connecting to the camera. Its a great cover, it would definitely attract attention and get buyers. Well done!

Chantal:

I liked the idea you had of the wind in the hair, that worked really well and looks great on a cover. BUT, once AGAIN you have completely washed your face out with over-exposure. Couple that with the severe squint, and it looks kind of frightening, looks like there is a huge light blaring on you.

Jared
Connan
Chantal

I vote for Jared in the F2. The next choice was a toughy, but after these shoots, Ive gotta say Connan!

Last edited by Sweet_Tyra on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:49 am

Callout/comments:

Commercial:

Jared- You are the only one that nailed this. Its really really good, i love that you actually look like you are flying away on an umbrella.

Connan- Now i'm not too fond of yours or chantals, but i'm ranking this higher because you look somewhat like a model. I think your face is too strained though, if you had a smile on your face this would've looked great.

Chantal- Sorry, but this just looks like a candid =/. You dont resemble a model at all here, it just looks like "yay i'm jumping!!"

Fish:

Chantal-
Connan-
Jared- Eh its a bit boring and i can barely see your face. It just looks like you put a fish on your head and turned towards the camera.

Vogue:

Jared-
Connan-
Chantal-
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:01 am

i got roderick to judge: Panel will be up soon!!

Jared your commercial shot is amazing,fabulous, creative and a whole bunch of other worlds i cant think of right now, i love the prop you use its magnificent,but you're not really selling me that umbrella.
Your fish beauty shot isnt as good as the other two but you still bring IT. I love the way your eyes look and the way you accesorized your fish makes me wanna buy one, because you are selling it to me through those eyes.
The Vogue shot is amazing, your expression is amazing, your styling is amazing and the way the light hits your face is amazing and You look like a fallen angel, lol. You are the white Grace Jones!!

Connan, the commercial photo, i have to say, is the weakest of the group. Your face is strained and even though your body is giving all these different angles it still looks a bit stiff, idk it might just be me.
The fish beauty shot is the best out of the group, you really know how to work your face and that angle is so GAWJUSS!, you would be a really pretty geisha and this pic makes me want to get some lobster later.
Your Vogue shot is marvelous, sure the lighting is a little bit dim but your set and costume/makeup are hawt! you are a force to be reckon with.(sorry for th typos"

Chantal, your commercial shot is bubbly and fresh and you sure are selling that dress to me, though i dont wear dresses . the only problem with the commercial shot would have to be that hand, it looks like a bat claw.
Your fish shot is a bit strange, you are obviously a beautiful girl but in this pic you look a bit scary. You did do sumthing different and not wear it as a hat, so props to you on that.
The Vogue shot is too bright. Your expression isn't as fierce as the other two and the picture doesnt look very clean. The shot does look very myspacey, i would overlook the myspaceness if the expression was better, but its not.
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazara Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:51 am

WAIIIIIIIT! *rushes into panel* affraid

Jared: Okay, I have to have an ALT (Andre Leon Talley) moment here and say something incomprehensibly endearing (well, hopefully endearing): the fish looks like it’s your parasitic twin you’re competing against for nutrient supply and the smize shows you’ve won! That fish is dead! Well, more so than already. And that’s what truly makes it a work of art, the underlying contrast between you and it, and you handled the composition, pose, and angle in usual professional style. Only thing is, I’m not quite feeling the emotion here. Usually you really push through and tell a story – it’s okay to mix it up and not tell one once in awhile, but here, giving a nice smize and only that makes things a little lacking.

Connan: Oh my goodness! If there were a reality competition called “I’m a Lobster Rockstar”, you would totally win the title, without even “lob-bying” *groans heard*. I don’t know if you exactly meant to put some humor in this, but most of my praise lies in how that element was executed, so, hopefully. xD The fish-ish blankness with a hint of diva is totally niched into a story and it’s pretty brilliant, really. The way the light bathes you in absolution, your choice to go simple and pose-less and topless and expression-less all tells a story and really works here. The net you drew holds against the contour of your jawline really well and adds to the shot without making it too complex. You sure weren’t “crabby” enough to “tank” this one! *audience groans*

Chantal: There's steampunk, LA punk, and cyberpunk, but I never thought I'd see "fishpunk!" I absolutely love this. Styling and colors are impeccably edgy and I love also how you also added an element of sophistication with the background and dress. I could see this situation being like, "Sure, I'll have some caviar, but how 'bout this fish?" I don’t really agree that the placement of the hand is too obvious – grunge-y/alternative-ish shots and lots of magazine shots look planned in advance and I don’t think it “spoils” anything here. The decision to lick the fish is consistent with the rest of the tone created and really pulls the whole thing together without looking sexual or anything. (That’s not how caviar is made, guys! xD) Overall, this is a very masterful, alternative-ish shot that really exudes a vibe and tells a story. Fish-lickin’ good!
Kazara
Kazara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:52 am

LOL i will edit your comments in kazara! how long have you had and you rush in right as i post it lmao

well done Razz
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazara Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:56 am

Y'all are lookin' at the expert of procrastination! w00t Razz

I'll just post names first so I'm not slowing things down as much:

Jumping:
Jared