IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JARED VS CONNAN!

3 posters

Go down

JARED VS CONNAN! Empty JARED VS CONNAN!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:11 am

Ok guys, here is a video with both Connan and Jared's portfolios!! I have also included the commercials below that. Please go through each shoot and compare, tell us which model wins for each picture and give a few comments where you wish! You do not need to vote for a winner yet, we will do that in a few days! This reminded me just how fantastic this cycle has been and how many amazing photos there were! But ill never do a cast of 18 again lol ENJOY!

Connan's commercial:

https://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/ltate4life/?action=view&current=INTM.flv&newest=1

Jared's Commercial:

https://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee328/JeraldoSanchez/?action=view&current=popfinal_0001.flv
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

JARED VS CONNAN! Empty Re: JARED VS CONNAN!

Post  Kazara Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 am

First of all, love this music. Very ultimate, who's-your-daddy sounding. Sick beat. ^.^

Bizarre Head Shot: Tie. I truly cannot decide on this one. They both show such utter body/spatial awareness and eye power and connection. Two great 1st shots.
Murdered and Murderer and Mugshot (I just put 'em together...It was a tie, anyway xP ): I feel like Jared has the advantage of great composition and lighting in these - usually, not just in these shots - but I can't really be sure if the resulting stylistic flair is really his or the photographer's or the seemingly nice camera's. But his knowledge of the industry shines through more then Connan's here. But I feel like Connan brings more personality and the haughty verve he was supposed to. The Valedictorian shot makes me smile. Eh, another tie.
Baby: Definitely Jared here. He strikes such a perfect man-child vibe/balance here that it's kind of appalling, but awesomely so. This photo is nothing if not underrated. Connan's photo holds interest with the arched back, but the expression isn't cutting it. Really, it's kind of a *facepalm* moment.
Ghost: *fangirls* ZOMG AMAZING PHOTOZZZ. Connan looks more Herculean than ghost here, but the shapes and profile are totally grand. Jared delves into the theme and patches together tone and color and pose to produce a photo than exudes ghost. I'm kind of torn on whether the expression is a little too dead. Overall, I guess this is Tie #3. Kazara sucks at choosing.
Vampire: TIE TIE TIE TIE TIE. Gyah. These photos are some of the best of the cycle. Abso-freakin'-lutely tremendous. The photos are very different, but then again, thanks to pop culture, there are many definitions of a vampire. Connan is the night mystifier, bemusedly downcast eyes a la Alasia, baring more skin than teeth. Jared is totally not Jared here, and yet he isn't making himself too much of a chameleon. There's so much personality and blood-lust here. I'm a bit torn on the pose, but overall the subtle broken-but-not-too-broken thing really works.
Hearts on Fire: Eh, now I'm not a fan of either of them. Jared and Connan have, like, some weird symbiotic connection going on. One does well, the other does well, and one sucks, the other one sucks. These definitely don't suck, but...Jared's just seems off. The expression is reminiscent of that crazy puppy at the Humane Society that stares at you, and the pose isn't really a pose. Meanwhile, Connan became afflicted by "I'm HAWT" syndrome and proceeded to parody Calvin Klein's new shower products line, "EVERYTHING!!!". Yeah, hawt is hot, just not real modelin'. In other news, it's fun to be unreasonably mean. In other other news, maybe I shouldn't be talking because I tried to do this shoot for fun once and couldn't even really open my eyes, period. In other other other news, someone is probably morbidly curious to see my soppy, disfigured face straining through a shower head now.

In other other other other news, my mom's yelling at me to go to bed, so I'll continue this tomorrow. xD
Kazara
Kazara

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 am

Extreme beauty: Connan
The murder photoshoot: Jared
Baby: Jared (love connans pose/face, but the whole picture is boring)
Ghost: Connan
Vampire: Connan
Hearts on fire: Connan
Crying: Jared
Masks: Connan
The music video thing( i forget the name xD): Jared
Aboriginal: Jared
Commercial: Jared
Tape: Jared
Simple: Connan
Dramatic:Connan
Fierce eyes: Connan
Commercial: Jared
Fish: Connan
Vogue: Tie

Jared: 9
Connan: 10

Shocked so close

I'll make my decision when everyone else is done Razz
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazara Mon May 10, 2010 4:03 am

Again I take way too long and am way too lazy. Poor Jaronnan. D:

Uhhhmmmm.

Crying: Tie again. xD I like the vulnerability of Connan's shot, but it's too demure/subtle based on that vulnerability. But I really love the overall expression. The pose is a'ight. I think Jared's tells more of a story, reminiscent of the Grapes of Wrath or the C2 war shoot. But his face looks too tight and he also looks kind of bewildered.
Mask: Connan. I think Connan really came into his own and began to attract attention with this shoot. He really brought out the artistic flair and went totally Gaga. I do prefer Jared's styling and his eyes look absolutely stellar. However, the lighting and cropping sort of messed it up for me.
Music Inspired Shot: This week confused the crap out of me. It was like reading Animal Farm and not having anyone to tell you whether it's really about talking animals or political symbolism; these shoots are very good in ways that seem unintentional, so I can't be sure if Connan and Jared actually knew what they were doing here or not. Both of them look awesomely apocalyptic, something freaky pushing from behind the eyes, but is it just lameness and laziness creating the cool zombie effect? The world may never know. Anyway, getting past my crapload of deadwood based on what I couldn't explain, the final verdict is: Jared wins this week. Disregarding the expression and tone for reasons stated not-so-well-or-succinctly above, Jared's pose and composition make the shot much more interesting. But I do like Connan's shot at face value (literally!).
Aboriginal: Eheh. No contest this week, in my opinion. Jared is connected with the trees, tall and stately and vibrant. Connan just got lost in a convoluted pose and the way the Aboriginal story is told is pretty amateur. Then again, being outside in nature makes a big difference. If they had been transposed against each other's backgrounds, I think it would have made somewhat of a difference. But going out in nature for an Aboriginal shoot is just the smart thing to do.
Commercial: Jared was so enigmatic and natural here. It was a little odd and could have done well with literally some more "commercialness", but introducing us into Jared's WorldTM with crazy Irish music and some quick-lined posing prowess is better than introducing us to no world or energy at all, which is what Connan did here (at least from what I remember, since it won't let me access the commercial. Lol...).
Tape: TIEEEEEEE. These could easily, easily both be professional photographs, substantial additions to real portfolios. Both were so convincing and in their element here. The moods they create are actually very similar, also, so not only is it hard to choose a winner here 'cause the photos are so good, but also both conveying the same emotion equally well.
Simple: I don't know. Connan looks a little too contrived and poised here, not meaning to pull what Tyra did when saying Jessica was too "on-the-nose" twice and wasn't even told about it to improve it, but, eh. It's not bad by any means, but not on his usual level nor the level he should have been on at this point. Jared tries for vulnerable again and seems to be caught at the wrong point, in the middle of thought but not ready to take the shot, not fully diva-wrought (sorry, tryin' ta keep the rhyme going...). The body and face in relation to the camera are positioned awkwardly. Tie.
Dramatic: I love what Jared did with the styling and composition and makeup and everything - he obviously put everything into this and wanted to make it work. But it seemed like everything culminated together to not quite work because he tried too hard and ended up forgetting and botching up the expression. Connan is Jared's character foil here. He goes for effortless drama, commanding-ness drama, much like in his Vogue shot, and it works better than Jared's more strained drama. Also really liking the styling - it almost looks late-nineteeth-century-esque with the spirals of wood, like a fallen spinning wheel (yeah, I'm aware those are chairs).
Fierce Eyes: This was a toughie - not because the photos were both really good or really bad, but both just slightly above middle-of-the-road for me. I like Connan's incorporation of the headpiece and the sort of Gila monster effect the green and black in the water create. But it's not really telling a story - that's the issue I sometimes have with Connan, the same issue Tyra and Co. had with Tatianna: a great photo is created, but it's hard to tell if it's not from coincidence sometimes. But Jared often psyches himself out and ends up with an even more befuddling portfolio. Here, his eyes dance, but I can't read the expression; it looks a little manic and you can almost read "I want to WIIIIN!", which is kind of good, kind of not. Tie again and tie on, say I.
Jumping: I like Connan's pose, but overall this just kind of makes me giggle. This isn't really a flattering photo for either him or the product. Smiling while jumping just didn't work. I have a feeling if Connan was in the ANTM wind tunnel thing (where a bunch of compressed air blows you up into the...air...whatever that's called, I forget xD) he could really thrive; the pose shows the potential and what he was going for. But there wasn't wind beneath his wings. There was definitely wind and whimsy beneath Jared's umbrella, though - that is an amazing shot and while I don't love the outfit, I love literally everything else. This is a magical little shot.
Fish Beauty: Connan is like a lobster angel here, although I hope he meant to some extent to parody the dead-ness of a lobster, 'cause otherwise it's a little fishy (har dee har). I love the makeup and styling and the finding of light and how it hits his eyes. This is a very interesting shot and again demonstrates command of the screen. I really love Jared's mesh-spotted photo with the headpiece and background, and his expression is pure amazingness. I love the look in his eyes. But it doesn't take everything to the final level like Connan's does, because the complexities bog him down. That's the problem I had at times in my cycle, too - we both needed to wipe the slate clean sometimes and take point from Connan's simplicity.
Vogue Cover: For some reason, what I love most about Connan's is not the ANTM 'n lamb outfit or the addition of paint, but the angling of the head. He definitely has a pinch of estrogen here, and it works. This is a grand shot, absolutely grand. The look in Jared's eyes is positively piercing and an actual dynamic disparity is created from how his face looks and how his body looks, but in a good way. Here, Jared is more commanding than Connan. But I still can't decide. Tie.

Okay, the verdict? I won't know until I count.

Most of them were ties, so I ended up giving Jared 5 points and Connan 3 points.

But I dunno! Karasu and I need some help solidifying our decisions, Leigh! I can't do this alone! I can't make decisions! I can't even make ice cream without accidentally leaving it out and melting it, putting it back into the freezer to thaw and then having it all fall out of the freezer onto the floor. BAWW.
Kazara
Kazara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon May 10, 2010 4:29 am

i do actually have majority of judges votes to make the decision, so im posting now!

kazara, thankyou for writing all of that! i did not use it, but i will surely post it in the finale somewhere!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazara Mon May 10, 2010 4:36 am

Okay, that works for me, as long as they know I tried to make a decision and just couldn't. xP
Kazara
Kazara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down