IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different Kinds of Naps (Yes, I'm THAT bored)

5 posters

Go down

Different Kinds of Naps (Yes, I'm THAT bored) Empty Different Kinds of Naps (Yes, I'm THAT bored)

Post  Cozeanna Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:24 am

1. The Power Nap - Only twenty minutes long, this aptly named period of dozing is just enough to recharge your batteries without pulling you into a foggy funk. Often occurring involuntarily in the middle of lecture, power naps are the kind of sleep that you snap out of and immediately feel clear and ready to burst out of that classroom.

2. The Bad News Nap - After a night of no sleep or heavy drinking, this nap happens whenever the fuck it wants to, usually at the most inopportune time. Do you have to be somewhere at 5? Well too bad, because this greasy, crusty, jeans-still-on coma will put you into a state of lethargy and unconsciousness until 4:59. Good luck with the rest of your day, because all you want to do is go back to bed.

3. The Where the Fuck Am I? Nap - These are rare gems. Sometimes, you will hit a point of such perfect karmic synergy in your mid-day siesta that no matter how long you sleep, you will sleep so deeply that your body forgets what time it is; even what day it is! There's nothing weirder than waking up after an hour of sleep, looking at the clock, and then having to look at the calendar. Make sure to keep a few sane and awake people around to tell you to stop packing up your book-bag for class at 8:00 at night.

4. The Embarrassing Nap - Usually in lecture, and not as subtle as the Power Nap, this variety of catnap may result in social rejection, pools of drool, odd sleeptalking, spasms, and snoring. Screaming out "Oh YES FUCK ME!" in the middle of a discussion on Greek diplomatic policy might look funny on the internet, but when it happens to you, you will most likely be transferring. Or at least borrowing the notes from someone else.

5. The Fake Nap - Girls, you know what I'm talking about. Boys, leave the room for a sec. The Fake Nap is practiced from an early age when we don't want to get in trouble for being awake past bedtime. It is used later in life, during college, when we don't want our roommates to bother us with their drama (I use this almost every night). It also occurs, most scandalously, when we want to look cute and angelic when our boyfriends come in. Trust me, no one sleeps with their mouth in a perfectly closed position, free from the skin-squashing comfort of the pillow, and with a light sheen of lip gloss. Here's a hint: If she smells like toothpaste, she's not asleep.
Cozeanna
Cozeanna

Back to top Go down

Different Kinds of Naps (Yes, I'm THAT bored) Empty Re: Different Kinds of Naps (Yes, I'm THAT bored)

Post  This is Chris Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:21 am

i love naps I love you I love you

except when i decide to take a nap.... but then i never wake up lol

i'd be like, "ok, chris. let's nap for an hour until 10pm, then we'll start homework." and then of course, i take my nap, but don't wake up until the next morning. all with none of my homework done.

Last edited by This is Chris on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
This is Chris
This is Chris

Back to top Go down

Different Kinds of Naps (Yes, I'm THAT bored) Empty Re: Different Kinds of Naps (Yes, I'm THAT bored)

Post  Erik Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:29 am

^^^^ Story of my life.
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 am

I try to set my alarm when I nap....but the snooze button is my mortal enemy.
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozeanna Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:10 am

true that. every time i do, i think i'm only gonna nap for twenty minutes. Then as soon as my alarm goes off, Sleepy Me uses twisted logic and seduction to get me to sleep for three hours.
Cozeanna
Cozeanna

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:12 pm

i can't nap anymore. i need to save all the sleep i can for bedtime
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down