IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls AND boys... beauty secret trading!

+10
Avess
Erik
lilVic
YahFuckinLucky
Mellykakes
Cozeanna
Mikiel
Karasu
CHEERS THEN
Bree-ba O'Riley
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Girls AND boys... beauty secret trading! Empty Girls AND boys... beauty secret trading!

Post  Bree-ba O'Riley Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:41 pm

So this ispossibly the most girly thing we could ever possibly do, but I've been very sad for the past forty-eight hours and the only thing that'll make me feel better is girliness.

So what are your best health and beauty secrets?

Some of mine:
- I almost-never wear eyeliner, but when I go I go over it with an eyeliner brush full of transluscent powder to prevent it from sweating and smearing.
- I don't over-apply Chapstick because that apparently causes your lips to not produce their own natural moisture. I put Vaseline on before bed, and also right before I hop in the shower, and buff my lips with a facecloth in the shower.
- When zits get scabby, I put some Burt's Bees Hand Salve on them at night so I won't get a scar.
- The Hand Salve is also AWESOME to put under your eyes at night.
- Once every two weeks instead of using conditioner I put a bit of baby oil in my hair, just the poinytail part. It helps keep it soft especially because I blow it dry every day.

Now everyone share. Help me out of my funk.
Bree-ba O'Riley
Bree-ba O'Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Girls AND boys... beauty secret trading! Empty Re: Girls AND boys... beauty secret trading!

Post  CHEERS THEN Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 pm

i exfoliate my face in the shower with EXPENSIVE STUFF.

i have special toothpaste for sensitive teeth.

i get dandruff if i don't use anti-dandruff shampoo.

i often wear a hat in bed so my hair isn't puffy the next day.

i've never had braces, once the dentist told me i had a perfect bite. so i'm really lucky.

i hardly ever eat anything before midday because my stomach can't consume breakfast.

i tend to have one big meal at about 5 or 6 and much smaller snacks between 12.30 and midnight.

i heard that women put yoghurt in their womanly area for cleanliness and i want to know if it's true.

Last edited by CHEERS THEN on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Girls AND boys... beauty secret trading! Empty Re: Girls AND boys... beauty secret trading!

Post  Karasu Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:11 pm

I wake up perfect every day afro
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 pm

I try to do beauty stuff but I either am too lazy or I forget haha. But all your beauty tips will be duly noted Very Happy

I have one from my friend though! She curls her hair before she goes to sleep so for when she wakes up and combs it, her hair has lots of volume and it's more wavy than curly haha. I think it's really pretty but thats because I tend to like wavy/curly hair haha.
Mikiel
Mikiel

http://www.myspace.com/485390558

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozeanna Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:05 am

Most of mine are about hair. Haha

1. I don't use shampoo. This only works for curly hair because it's so naturally dry. Our strands are porous and soak up the harmful detergents in shampoo, so I just use conditioner, water, and friction to wash my hair.

2. Sometimes before I go to bed if my hair is wet I curl strands of hair around my finger and pin it with bobby pins. I wake up with perfect corkscrews.

3. I rinse my hair in freezing cold water to make it shiny.

4. After I use mascara, I use the almost empty brush to stroke over my eyebrows. It keeps them neat all day.

5. I use my exfoliating face wash on my body sometimes and it makes my skin extra smooth.

6. After rubbing in my hand lotion, I gently brush my hands over the top of my hair to reduce frizz.

7. I trim my own hair, when it's dry and I can separate the curl strands. I do it every few months to keep the ends from getting dry and feathery.

8. I never had braces either. I have one crooked tooth. His name is Harold.

9. Whenever I get a pimple I continually apply spit to it all day. It sounds gross, but it keeps the area clean and dry without inflaming it.

10. I use lavender essential oil mixed with water to spray in my hair throughout the day to keep the curls from going frizzy or limp.
Cozeanna
Cozeanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:49 am

- I ALWAYS braide my hair before I go to sleep so its less work in the morning. knots = no fun.
- If I get bad knots in my hair I go to my grandma to get them out.... or brush stuck.. that was one time. you know those circular brushes.. yeah. fun times with grandma! okay..
- I don't wear that much makeup just a light foundation powder and some eyeliner on my upperlids to make my eyes look a little bigger.
- I brush my teeth twice and sing in my head while I brush my teeth so I know I am brushing them long enough.
- I also clean my face before bed with witch hazel, but I am always looking up things online to try on my face.. I have done, egg masks, oatmeal masks (but I am allergic..), these cool cucumber peely masks, tomtato, and I am going to try an asprin mask later because it is suppose to reduce redness of pimples and what not.
- I have no idea what cucumbers do to the eyes but sometimes I like to lay down and just put them on my face.. then eat them..
- sometimes I put a little bit of vinager into my hair to take away dryness of the scalpe
- I get my nails done at a place in town atleast once a month, mani/pedi. 1. because its pretty and 2. its good for your feet 3. I go with an old friend. (=

I seem pretty cool don't I? Wink
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  YahFuckinLucky Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:52 am

Be careful of mani/pedi's, alot of salons don't clean their instruments untill they close shop, so it's safest to schedule the first apointment of the day! Also don't shave the day of your pedicure because that skyrockets the risk of infection.

I used to use proactiv but it takes such a long time and really isn't very good for you, so now I use Elyse's advice and wipe my face with a mild astringent after washing it once or twice each day followed by a dollop of light moisturizer. That's more basic than it is a beauty secret but that's the routine. Glasses get really greasy if you wear them all the time so every so often I wipe the arms and the underside of them with a tissue. WATER works miracles too. I morph into a raisin if I don't have water all day.

& If you sleep on your side or stomache it clogs the pores on your face. However mastering sleeping on your back is a very uncomfortable and unnatural process. SLEEPS TOO GOOD
YahFuckinLucky
YahFuckinLucky

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:53 am

i can only sleep on my back. it's impossible for me to sleep any other way Sad
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  lilVic Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:07 am

1. I don't use shampoo when I shower.

2. I only wash my hair every 2-3 weeks whenever I get my haircut. They say something about African-American hair not needing too much shampoo.

3. I brush my hair for a good 5 minutes before I go to bed every and then I wear a du-rag or wave cap while I sleep.

4. I brush my hair for about 5 minutes in the morning.

5. I have naturally dry skin, so I use only Nivea lotion. Before I leave out, I have to put lotion on my face and hands. My biggest fear is having a dry face. ew. lol.

6. I get sun burned very easily at the beach, so I use a ton of sun tan lotion in the summer. If not, I peel like crazy...

and I'm not sure if this is a "beauty" secret, but I run maybe about 6 miles a week. I wanna gain weight, but I have a huge fear of getting fat. I'm psychotic, I know. lol.
lilVic
lilVic

Back to top Go down

Post  Erik Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:32 am

I feel so low maintenance! Pretty much...

1. I shower and wash my hair every day. I have very soft hair.

2. I wear deodorant, and pretty much never have body odor. I'm usually complimented for the way I smell.

3. I brush my teeth and floss.

That's about it, really. lol
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:45 am

1. Without aqueous cream I would die
2. Cocoa, Aloe & Shea are my bitches
3. I have really expensive products that my mum gets me but prefer the cheaper, more natural ones
4. I carry a tiny metal tub of moisturiser for my hands. Winter is killing them. The moisturiser's called "skin drink"
5. The moisturiser I use these days is called "cosmetic lad" and smells like chocolate oranges and yoghurt
6. I use chamomile eye-gel in the morning to make my eyes fresher, and always carry lip balm on me (as well as tattoo balm)
7. I have some products which smell gorgeous which I save for special days Very Happy
8. My favourite toiletry at the moment is a really rough fennel and ginger sugar-scrub which has done wonders for the texture of the skin on my arms (most of the stuff I'm talking about is from Lush, I'm sure you have it in the U.S.A, right?!)
9. Even thought I like to pamper my skin a lot and I love trying out new toiletries and stuff, I don't really have to do much - it's stress that gives me bad skin and break-outs. I'd say I'm pretty lucky in that sense
10. One of my face-washes smells like sushi and leaves masses of seaweed all over the bathroom
11. I have a body butter that smells like digestive biscuits
12. I'm enjoying this too much, I would die without beauty products, JUST DIE
13. Sometimes a tiny bit of red eye-shadow is fun, for that ill, pale look. Only sometimes though
14. I'm gonna steal all your products
15. I sleep, pickled in formaldehyde

Oh yeah

16. I would rather have my nose broken than not have a shower every morning and anti-perspirant deodorant. I don't smell if I don't have it, but I need to have that fresh feeling

I fucking hate smelly people

Last edited by Avess on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Avess
Avess

https://www.facebook.com/avess.arshad

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:47 am

what a fag.
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:47 am

Omg my mom used to call me that
Avess
Avess

https://www.facebook.com/avess.arshad

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:12 am

Heyyy I use Nivea lotion too haha. *high five* I hate having a dry face, its unattractive haha. I also use Nivea lotion to take off eyeliner and eyeshadow easily Very Happy oh and I only watch my hair every other day to let the minerals do their work haha. I think it's suppose to be one a week, but I forget.
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  lilVic Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:29 am

I never wear eyeliner or shadow. I really really tried to avoid using makeup during cycle 4. Thats why I was kinda happy we didn't have a beauty shot that season. The only time I used makeup was for the Vamp/Romania shoot where I put eye shadow around my eyes. The whole time I was thinking "omg omg omg dude ur so gay. omg omg omg" hahaha. But I ended up really liking my pics that week. And I've kept it as my avie ever since. lmao.

EDITTTT:

Oh and any other lotion besides Nivea might as well be water. My skin doesn't react to anything besides Nivea lotion. lol.
lilVic
lilVic

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:36 am

I only used makeup on my dramatic photoshoot and never again haha. I experimented with some makeup, though, and I really hope I get the opportunity to utilize my new knowledge this cycle haha. Keep me judges! Very Happy hahah jkjk.
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  lilVic Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:51 am

I find it funny I avoided makeup all season, and when I finally do... I was eliminated that week. lmao... fml.
lilVic
lilVic

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:27 am

i shave my ass
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:30 am

lilVic wrote:
3. I brush my hair for a good 5 minutes before I go to bed every and then I wear a du-rag or wave cap while I sleep.

4. I brush my hair for about 5 minutes in the morning.

nonononononoNO

you must stop, this actually increases damage to hair. it can make it all soft and nice at first, but it actually splits the ends worse, can brush out moisture and just plain fuck it up. brushing should only be used when styling.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:44 am

^^^This is true^^^
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Bree-ba O'Riley Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:40 am

I don't know if the same rules that we use apply to African American hair Jonny and Mel.
Bree-ba O'Riley
Bree-ba O'Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:08 am

Bree-ba O'Riley wrote:I don't know if the same rules that we use apply to African American hair Jonny and Mel.

ah, i didn't think about that.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  lilVic Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:14 am

haha. Yeah. I only brush it so its not all knotty and extra curly when i walk out the house. I don't wanna look like a Nigerian. lol. I havent brushed it at all today.
lilVic
lilVic

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozeanna Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:17 am

i don't use brushes or combs at all anymore, just my fingers or a really really wide toothed comb, because my hair is long AND curly, so twice as delicate.

YAY someone else besides me doesn't shampoo! it really makes a world of difference.
Cozeanna
Cozeanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:20 am

but isnt ur hair all icky? Like mine is naturelly oily soo I have tooo....

Last edited by MellyMoe on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next