IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am terrified

+2
Jonny-boy
Karasu
6 posters

Go down

I am terrified Empty I am terrified

Post  Karasu Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:12 pm

In about 5 days i have to take .................

public speaking pale

help
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

I am terrified Empty Re: I am terrified

Post  Jonny-boy Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:27 pm

you know, i used to have terrible stagefright and DID NOT want to speak in public, but we had to take a speech class in junior high. just get up there and pretend you're talking to friends. it seemed to work for me. of course, our teacher was always too busy talking on AIM on her laptop(this was 2003 people) to pay attention, so most of my speeches ended up being about cheese people and stories about when i lived on the moon for a year. i got straight A's in that class.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:40 pm

lol i hope i can make a speech on anything , just so i can talk about cheese people Razz
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:46 pm

I hate public speaking, even though I do it a lot. The best advice I can offer is, always volunteer to go first. It prevents the professor/audience from grading ur performance against others and it prevents u from having to think about ur speech the whole class. If all else fails, pretend ur not worried, works for me lol
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazara Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Yuuuuuuck. Have a complimentary Kazara's Guide to Speech Class Although Kaz Sucks at Speaking so Why Is She Even Telling People What to Do?.

1. Take the "no procrastination" rule and multiply it by two. Because, sometimes, not only do you have to finish it on time, but you have to finish it on time to memorize the frackin' thing.

2. Mnemonic device time! Remember your speech like a story (or lines for a play), putting a plot into it so you know what comes next - now all you have to do is get the sentence structure, and the idea of it is more important anyways.

3. Look above the audience. You may already know this one, but it's certainly better than the underwear trick. You don't want to be thinking "EUCH, NOO!" right before a speech. Lol. But make sure you're looking up and not at the speech when the teacher looks up! They usually revert between writing stuff down and looking at you.

4. You know what you're talking about. They don't. Just pretend they're idiots and you have to teach them this, keeping slow and fluid because, otherwise, they ain't gonna get it.

5. Read the speech in front of people ahead of time and get their opinions.

6. Don't look down unless you have to! If it isn't a memorized speech, try to put your finger where you are, say about a sentence or more, and then look down again. It's like filling and refilling a gas tank. Fuel up a sec, then release the info to the audience. Looking down too much is not good gas mileage! Okay, sucky analogy, but yeah.

7. If you're allowed to fall asleep, do it. But if you have to listen to other people's speeches, don't look right into their eyes because you know how that would have creeped you out.

8. Try to get interested in the topic, because people will notice it and maybe get more interested themselves. Command attention and rock it, and eventually you'll forget they're even watching.

9. Make the audience laugh a couple times, even if it's cheesy. Speech on water quality? Title the essay, "'Water' We Think We're 'Poolin''?" Teachers like that stuff, and fellow classmates will see it as a way to make the best joke possible in the classroom even if they'd slap you in real life.

10. Don't make speeches any longer than they have to be! No matter how awesome you are, pretty much nobody wants to be in there and they thank shorter speeches! Your brain will also thank you, and if it's good, your teacher will still thank you, too.

And do what Jonny and LTate said! Just get it out of the way and pretend it's no biggie. ^^
Kazara
Kazara

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:25 am

:O
public speaking was my favorite college class!
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:10 am

In year 12 English we did one called "What would happen if the world..." and there were a few other options as well and everyone talked about boring crap but I did mine on "What would happen if the world suddenly lost Myspace" and i was the only one who made a powerpoint presentation and I talked about how the world would turn to chaos and all the teenagers would start running around looting shops and starting riots and i backed it up with statistics of how many people use it how often a day and shit.

the class LOVED it and i think mine got the most attention

but i got marked like a C or something coz apparently i didnt take it seriously and my teacher hated me

well, sorry for being creative in an ENGLISH class
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:12 am

hahahahhahaha
my favorite topic was euthanasia :/
i did like four different speeches on it.
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 am

Haha i will definately try to look above the audience. If i make eye contact with anyone i will definately mess up Razz
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:12 am

Shocked

I delivered my speech today. I was so nervous that i totally ignored my note cards nad just read from the speech. i alos spoke too fast Razz

but the prof said i have a clear voice and she liked my speech
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down