IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Panel #6!

+11
Liv
Mikiel
MrRouge
YahFuckinLucky
lilVic
Cozeanna
LTate
x
Nigel
Avess
Sweet_Tyra
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Judging Panel #6! Empty Judging Panel #6!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:19 am

Hello Models!

Well, it has been quite a while since our last panel, but we are finally here!
I hope you all enjoyed your holiday breaks and are ready to get back into the swing of things!

This week, YOU voted for the photo shoot and you chose to model masks covering your eyes, while still forming a connection with the lens, and the audience.

Please welcome back our Cycle 4 winner Wendy! After a short stint hugging trees and dancing with the butterflies in the forest, she is back, ready to tell you what she thinks!!!

Lets see how you all did!

First up is our most recent number one callout,

JONO- FolkPop:

Judging Panel #6! Jono8

Nigel: Now, I don't really see anything extremely bad with this picture. It is a good picture, but there's just something off about it. I think it's the fact that it looks a bit messy. Oh and I get jungle from this, not folk pop.
Wendy: omyygoodness i love the mask but i believe its a little bit to big.. it would of been nice to see a little bit more of your beautiful face grrrrr ! .. but other than that its an appropriate picture
Bree: Intriguing, but I think you're playing it a bit too reserved and safe. I think you needed to make your face a little bit more overstated to compensate for that big-ass mask.
Karasu: What i see here is the mask wearing you. I think a different sized mask wouldve helped alot because a huge mask like that doesnt really give you any room for creativity
SweetTyra: I cant help but laugh at this because it reminds me of the crack fox from Mighty Boosh haha. I dont really get what you were going for here and how it is relevant to your chosen theme, it seems like you just wore a mask you already had without thinking about the appropriate styling. Or maybe I just dont get it. Having said that, I do think there is a good connection here and its a flattering angle, so everything body-wise is great. It made for an interesting setting, but it just isnt quite right.

AVESS- Desert:

Judging Panel #6! Avess8

SweetTyra: Im picking a bone with you, mister! When I first saw this it just screamed Photoshop. Jono then explained to me that you did actually have the antlers on your head...phew...BUT you photoshopped OUT the strings that attached it. You should know by now that this is just not acceptable. It may make the picture look more polished and more professional, but all I can think when I look at it is "Photoshop!" because it is just so obvious that it has been altered. I may have been more forgiving if you were actually wearing a mask. I do appreciate the originality, but it doesnt look enough like a mask and isnt convering enough of your face for it to fit in with the brief. Its a shame because your face is fantastic.
Bree: Absolutely brilliant styling/composition/background. Exquisite. But I think your expression is a bit too sinister and tempting. I think dessert and I think fantasy, or possibly fatigue... there were a lot of things you could have done, but this was not the best choice. A nice expression for sure, but I was expecting a bit more out of you, especially since we've seen this look from you SO MANY TIMES before. I know you're making a big deal about the judges thinking it's photoshopped, and I just wanted to clarify, though this seems cruel: It's not the photoshopping that turns me off, it's the lack of originality.
Nigel: I have to disagree with Bree. Fun fact: I live in a desert, and I totally get desert from this. The colors, the antlers, it's all so Lion King. But I also have to agree with Leigh. This is not a mask. Or even close to a mask. This fits more into the Extreme Beauty Shot thing. It is a really good picture though.
Wendy: ohhhhhh myyyyyy !!!!! this picture looks great all professional and stuff .. good job i love your eyes and the background ..i would totally go to the desert where your at lol

COZY- Circus/Carnival:

Judging Panel #6! Cozy8

Bree: Hmm, not your best shot. I do like that you have a bit of naughtiness here, but this might be a bit too subtle. It seems a tad rushed, and it doesn't do your natural beauty justice. We're used to theatrical-Cozy, and this is just kind of Cozy-with-a-mask. But it's still an absolutely gorgeous shot.
SweetTyra: I never thought I would say this about a picture of yours, but I am a little bit bored by this. Yes it is beautiful, but it just isnt that interesting. You had a theme that couldve been really theatrical and eerie. Actually were you going for more of a gypsy vibe? Coz if thats it, then I feel that. The gypsy trying to hypnotise me with her eyes. I guess maybe its just a case of me expecting a particular look?
Wendy: mm this picture looks like a myspace picture .... is something i would do when im going to a mascaraed ball or party and me being all conceited like always i take a picture like that to see how i look . i know you could of done a better job because you have the potential.
Nigel: like this picture. It does seem rushed, yes, and a bit boring, but it's a good picture. The other judges are hating.

CONNAN- Futuristic:

Judging Panel #6! Connan8

Wendy: ohh emmmmmmm geeeeeeeee i dont like this picture i looovee it !!!! u look very seexxy just like me jk lol ... when i look at the picture it reminds me of lady gaga which i like ...your skin looks soo soft it makes me wanna touch it haha .... good job !!!!!
Bree: Sexay! Mmmmm. Very Gaga. Your expression is very commanding and you exemplify pushing through the mask. Thus far I think you've showed the most variety of everyone - you've given us sexy/androgynous, naughty, ethereal, and now this strong face. Love it.
Nigel: Rah rah ah ah roma roma mah gaga ooh lalaaa. Totally. This is totally futuristic Lady Gaga turned 80s bag lady. And yeah I like that you didn't do the holes for the eyes. That's not Gaga.
SweetTyra: Let me throw in one more Gaga reference. Cherry Cherry Boom BOOM! Haha. I like it. Im actually glad that you misinterpreted the brief about not showing your eyes at all because I think it works really nicely here. I am lovin the lips the most, so soft and delicate. Like a baby's bottom haha. I will say that it is a little sloppy- tag on the shirt, tiny bit of ear sticking out from behind the mask and a tiny strand of hair over the mask- it seems to contradict the almost rigid and robotic feel you were going for, so just make sure all of those things are considered and checked over when shooting.

MORE TO COME!

Last edited by Sweet_Tyra on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Judging Panel #6! Empty Re: Judging Panel #6!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:35 am

JARED- Jungle/Forest:

Judging Panel #6! Jared8

Nigel: This is a bit... boring :/ With jungle you coulda gone all out (Jono) without making it overdramatic, you know? It is a good picture, but there's nothing Wow about it.
Wendy: when i hear the word jungle or forest it brings me a picture in my mind of alot of trees and animals ... and this picture looks plain like if you were hunting in your own room instead of the forest.
SweetTyra: Jared the Jungle Warrior! I think the only thing I dont really like about this picture is the composition but Im not gonna go on about that because everyones heard it all before and you should know by now. The left eye looks slightly bigger than the right so it looks a little odd, but you are showing off your facial structure quite nicely and the power in the eyes is there. I also think you played it way too safe with the forest theme seeing as though we saw that from you in the first week. Try to mix it up a little so we can see you are willing to take risks. Middle of the road for me.
Bree: This is quite fierce, but as Leigh said, middle of the road. It reminds me of your first shot, but with a mask on. There's something a bit off about the eyes, like one is looking at me and one is looking for me. But I love your mouth in this shot. You make the mask look fashionable.

OREGON- Criminal:

Judging Panel #6! Oregon8

Wendy: i like it .. you look like a innocent criminal someone who wouldn't do anything to hurt other people you look cute (you remind me of my baby richard awwwwwwww) this picture would of been better if your faced looked more fierce and a body shot kinda like a mugshot you know what i mean
Nigel: Um....This isn't really a beauty shot. It's got three major negatives. Messy, lazy and boring :/. I do get that you were going for the whole hamburglar angle, but that's not enough.
SweetTyra: Its interesting, I know what you were going for, with the "creeping away", but for a beauty shot, I just dont think its completely appropriate, its kind of half way between tight beauty and full body so it seems like some of the picture has been cropped. But just focusing on the face, I like it but there could have been a little bit more power behind your eyes. I still want to see more variety in the shots you send in, because I only got three and they all looked like this.
Bree: Penalty points for having such clear eyes. You normally do such interesting, risky stuff, but I feel like this is kind of plain for you. I'm not intrigued by this picture. You're very soft and attractive, but that's not what we wanted... we wanted sexy, edgy criminal!

JONNY- Italian:

Judging Panel #6! Jonny8

SweetTyra: LOVE IT! This is definitely the standout of the week for me. With this shoot, I was really hoping for a story beaming from both the eyes and the styling and thats what I get from you here that I havnt got from everyone else. I love that youre in a suit and your baby face is drowning in the big mask, it paints the perfect picture of a little boy lost in a big place he isnt familiar with, both physically and emotionally, so you have used your surroundings brilliantly! This beauty and simplicity you are showing is really telling me you are growing immensely in this competition.
Bree: Wowowowoah! Something so different for you! In the past weeks and during Cycle 3 I would have never used the word "elegant" to describe your modeling but this, sir, is a new beginning for you. Italy has brought out the sophistication in you. I love how you have an understated sexiness. Your jaw and neck look very distinguished. You make me want that mask. Marry me?
Wendy: jonny ohhh jonnyy mee loveee itttt ! this a great picture the best of this week i shall sayy .. it reminds me those old Italian movies which is good . i can honestly sayy you look hottt grrrrr ! your my new crush of the week lmao !
Nigel: Ok. To be honest, I think this picture is getting overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's a good picture. But! You are kinda cheating. This isn't an Italian mask beauty shot. It's you wearing a mask in Italy taking a very clean picture. You know what I mean?
Karasu: I agree with everyone else (except nigel). This pictures is pretty awesome, great job!!

MIKIEL- Emo:

Judging Panel #6! Mikiel8

Wendy: damnnn me digging this picture but not because of being emo its more like the Zorro... it looks more like something you would put on magazine to sell the chain... it looks soft and calmly when it could of been sad or depressing like an emo person hurting himself because i said no to them lol .
Bree: YES!! You're back on top, at least in my mind. I love this. You are giving us elegance without giving us sex-kitten. The extension of your neck and the way you're leaning your head back... you're modeling with everything you've got, boy. Love it. Some of your best work.
Karasu: So i dont see emo in this at all and i think you've tilted your head too much
Nigel: I like this picture. I knew that as soon as I saw "Masks" I wanted something dramatic. You are doing it without crossing the line. However, I don't really get emo, I get, idk goth or something. But other than that I don't really have any negatives. Oh no wait yeah, the lighting. It's kinda distracting.
SweetTyra: I like it. I really like that you went with a softer type of "emo", rather than the hardcore "gar im angry at the world and nobody loves me boohoo im wearing black eyeliner" type because thats what I was expecting of you. I was expecting to see your trademark fierce eyes glaring into me, but you have done something here totally surprising and it is great to see you finally showing another side and keeping it fresh and interesting.

CHANTAL- Mod:

Judging Panel #6! Chantal8

Nigel: Mmmmm not a big fan of this picture. True Mod is not something that I could easily do, but you picked it. I don't really get mod from this. I just get you wearing a mask with the British flag. Think Twiggy! Big eyelashes, big ass eyes! Something.
Bree: This is most certainly interesting! Your face looks like a work of pop art, which I love. The angle on your face is also really cool. You usually photograph strong, but this brings out your quirky side, which I'm lovin'. My one complaint is that the expression is a tad vacant.
Wendy: i like thiss picture .. your eyes look beautifull those totally look like my eyelashes which is a pluss lol ... but the bad thing is that this picture looks like you took it on your own which is not good .. it would of looked better with a blanked background.
SweetTyra: I am definitely feelin the quirk and sophistication of mod here. I love the eyelashes on the outside of the mask that was really cute and clever haha. I think the quality of the picture and the background bring it down for me a little but eliminate those two factors and it is a good model shot.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

It is with great sadness that I announce Erik has decided to leave the competition due to other commitments. We wish him all the best in the future and thank him for the wonderful pictures and personality he brought to this competition!!
Good bye Erik! Sad

The judges will now deliberate. When you return, somebody will be eliminated!

Last edited by Sweet_Tyra on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:35 am

hahah if i ever met wendy, i'd imagine she'd be walking around screaming "ohhhhhhhh myyyyyyyy!!"

and thankyou judges Very Happy i guess i fell into my safe spot with the whole "sinster avess face" thing but i appreciate your critisizmzm a lot

i know what to work on now

to bust the ass of this competition open wide like boyonce
Avess
Avess

https://www.facebook.com/avess.arshad

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:38 am

i think i'm gonna get my lowest call-out yet
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:38 am

ohh myy
ajua
grrr
it's ok ok?
no you're great (after i say damn you're good)

those are some of her everyday quotes.
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:42 am

i guess i shouldda left it unedited
this is the non-touched version

ugh

Judging Panel #6! Dsc06110
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:43 am

Nigel wrote:
no you're great (after i say damn you're good)

ew.
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 am

ew yourself
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  x Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:47 am

ommmg i'm shakingg, i'm sooo nervous...i hope that by erik quitting he's sacrificing himself for me!

oh by the way, i was trying to do a beauty shot like this

Judging Panel #6! 6500_1123428601958_1114380076_30325802_1390215_n

x

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:48 am

ew your moma
why is no one else talking? is anyone online?!
i say top three are, according to the judges, not me;

jonny
connan
mikiel

if i'm LUCKY,,,, i'm fourth
but i think i'm fifth or sixth
i don't want to ruin my callout average
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:49 am

Wendy is back!! Its like the time they told me my cat was run over, then I got sad...but 10 mins later my mom ran back in and said, NO, it was the neighbor's cat. Now i'm happy! Very Happy
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:49 am

don't talk about my mother, she's old, you don't disrespect old people.
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozeanna Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:51 am

omg connan that really happened???
that's scary.
eiiighghhhh i did bad. my shoot WAS rushed and boring. i had other shots that were less blah but they were maybe not as clean looking.
aaahhhh watching this and project runway at the same time is sooo stressful
Cozeanna
Cozeanna

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:51 am

Avess wrote:ew your moma
why is no one else talking? is anyone online?!
i say top three are, according to the judges, not me;

jonny
connan
mikiel

Eat a dookie.....according to me.
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:52 am

i like your avatar cozy. it's edgy.
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:52 am

Welcome back models!

There are 10 wonderful models standing before me, but I only have 9 photos in my hands. Which means we are half way through the competition!!

If I do not call your name, you are no longer in the running towards becoming IMDBs Next Top Model and must leave immediately.

The first name I am going to call is......

JONNY!!! Congratulations on your first EVER Number 1 callout on INTM!
Judging Panel #6! Jonny8

Next name is...

CONNAN

MIKIEL

AVESS

CHANTAL

JARED

COZY

THREE NAMES LEFT....

NEXT NAME I WILL CALL IS....

JONO!!!

Will Oregon and Ava please step forward.

Oregon, you failed to connect with your eyes this week, and this is not the first time the same has been said about you. You have proven to be a good model at times, but overall are far too inconsistent. You have all the goods to make it to the end, but you just arent using them to your advantage.

Congratulations Oregon, You are still in the running towards becoming IMDBs Next Top Model!

Ava, this is the second time you have failed to submit a shoot on time. You said it would be in, but we still are yet to see anything. We have been lenient in the past and the judges are very fond of you, so with the withdrawal of Erik, could it happen again?

Ava....

Im, sorry but you are no longer in the running. It has been a joy having you again, but we cant wait around for you forever. Thanks for playing and don't be a stranger Smile

Judging Panel #6! Ava7-1

TyraMail up soon!

Last edited by Sweet_Tyra on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:55 am

I totally forgot Ava hadn't handed her photo in! It's a shame cos she was awesome, but I guess that's tough shit right there.

And fucking phew, I feel stupid because I haven't ever been that low this cycle, yet, but not being in the top three/four is a scary though, and yeah. I know that's a retarded thing to say, but yeah. Thank-you judges
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozeanna Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 am

awww Ava what happened???
well i guess it's just me and Chantal representing the ladies.
BRING IT BOYS.
Cozeanna
Cozeanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 am

you're welcome.
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  x Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 am

arghblarghfalrghajfoa

that was sooo much more intense than the first time around

thanks for not pulling an avagate on me guys...woot

bye ava and erik!

Last edited by O on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

x

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:57 am

Cozette wrote:omg connan that really happened???

No, that happened to a friend of mine. I just like to incorporate it into my life story cuz at one point i wanted to be a vet and I thought that would make a good response to the interview question "what made you want to become a vet" LOL
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:04 am

O wrote:arghblarghfalrghajfoa

that was sooo much more intense than the first time around

thanks for not pulling an avagate on me guys...woot

bye ava and erik!

There can only be one...
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  lilVic Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:15 am

hmmm... I really like Robbies pic this week. :/

Bye Ava and Erik..
lilVic
lilVic

Back to top Go down

Post  YahFuckinLucky Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:16 am

Yeesh, That was nerve wracking. Thank you judges!

Good luck with everything Erik & Ava!!

Congrats to everyone else. ((esp jonny)) cheers
YahFuckinLucky
YahFuckinLucky

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRouge Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 am

omg the top 9...this is getting tougher and tougher...i dont know who to cheer for...lol...
MrRouge
MrRouge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next