IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Panel #10!

+5
Jonny-boy
Avess
Mikiel
Chantal
Sweet_Tyra
9 posters

Go down

Judging Panel #10! Empty Judging Panel #10!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:07 am

Hello Final 6!!! Welcome to your tenth Judging Panel!

This week, you had your first ever video runway challenge. You were attending go-sees for three runway shows. The judges scored your videos by giving a YES or NO vote as to whether they would book you for that show based on those walks and they also gave a few general comments.

Before we see the pictures from your photoshoots this week, lets have a look at the runway videos!

We will start with the WINNER of this challenge......

CHANTAL!

https://s887.photobucket.com/albums/ac73/imdb_ntm/?action=view&current=Untitled.flv

Bree: Great expressions, perfect mood, but may lift the chin a bit too high. Also, watch the wiggle of the tush!
Nigel: A bit too fast
SweetTyra: It was hard for me to determine the difference between walk 1 and walk 2.

Chantal scored eight YES's and one NO. Her prize was a spot on the judging panel this week, so you will see her comments later on when we discuss the photos!!! Congratulations again, Chantal!!

Now lets have a look at the remaining videos!

AVESS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtWS49g4W7M

Bree: Stick up the ass... you need to relax your lower body. And your enthusiasm for the last walk was WAY forced
SweetTyra: Agree with Bree! You showed a bit of energy and fun in the last ne though, so I would book you based on that and just have to tell you to pipe down a little haha

Avess scored one YES and eight NO's.

MIKIEL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEApfEssnrE

Bree: It's a good stock-walk, but it offers nothing original or super-powerful. Doesn't resonate.
SweetTyra: Bit feminine, but strong nonetheless.

Mikiel was only able to complete one runway show due to lighting issues. He received 2 NO's from each judge by default, leaving him with six NO's and three YES's.

CONNAN:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2a8ja02&s=6

Bree: For the first two, the walk itself was not great (you need to pick up your feet a bit more, walk faster, and relax your arms) but your presence is great. Third one was WAY too Gap Kids.
SweetTyra: Posed for too long at the end of runway, walked too slow in the second and the last was so LOL worthy- for the wrong reasons!
Nigel: Agree about the posing. why are you walking like a lumberjack?

Connan scored three YES's and six NO's

JARED:

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=2099HrFb%2Fqve6Yg8oUJdQ4h4l5k2TGxc

Jared sent his runway video in late and it was not scored or eligible to win the challenge.

OREGON:

Oregon did not submit a runway challenge and will therefore be penalised FOUR points at this week's Judging Panel!!!

After a short break, we will come back with the Simple/Dramatic photoshoots!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Judging Panel #10! Empty Re: Judging Panel #10!

Post  Chantal Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:11 am

lol, i knew my bum was too wriggly, i can't help it, its my usual walk lol, i should stop doing it ha

thanks judges Very Happy

xx
Chantal
Chantal

https://www.facebook.com/The.Channyzon?ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:23 am

Congratulations Chantal on the runway challenge win! Smile The default NOs I got really hurt me, but that's okay with me; I'm just glad that I got some YESs haha. I thought everyone would say NO at my feminine walk haha.
Mikiel
Mikiel

http://www.myspace.com/485390558

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:33 am

Welcome back everyone!

It is now time to critique your photoshoot for this week, the black and white Simple/Dramatic shoot from ANTM Cycle 11 and INTM Cycle 3! This was one of my favourite shoots in both cycles so lets see if you guys have lived up to those standard!!!

Let start with...

CHANTAL:

Judging Panel #10! Chantal14

SweetTyra: Theres something really off about this to me. I think its the combination of the left arm, the mean face and the pushing forward of the chest- it makes you look a little butch. If I cover up that arm and pretend the face is softer, its sexy, but without doing those things it looks as though you are gonna stomp on me and demand snoo-snoo. Brilliant from the waist down, but eveything else...
Bree: Hmmm, nice confident pose, but it's so obvious - and you usually give us anything but obvious. It looks like a test shot to me, with the amateur pose. However, I must commend your fashion choices - you played up your amazing curves, and made your legs look a mile long. Overall I'd say this is technically good modeling, just... boring.

Judging Panel #10! Chantal13

Bree: Overall this doesn't work; something about the face looks like you're half-asleep, and the body pose isn't dramatic at all - it's the exact same as your simple, minus the arms! I'm disappointed because you did so well at this in your original cycle!
SweetTyra: Its interesting that Bree mentioned the sleepiness of the face. This wasnt just apparent in this shot, but in ALL of them which is why I had to choose a photo where you were looking away from the camera so it didnt seem as obvious. There were high expectations of you this week because your original photo from this shoot was deemed the best photo of that cycle. So I think maybe you let the pressure get to you a little, because you really didnt seem into this shoot. Disappointing Sad

OREGON:

Judging Panel #10! Oregon14

Chantal: I’m not keen on this, the pose and stance is like ‘er hiya, im bored waiting for the bus, but it’s not here yet so I’m kinda angry.’ Also your eyes aren’t focusing enough on the camera, as Miss.Banks would say there is no smize. Another point, the brief asked for a simple vest and this t-shirt has got stuff on it which distracts you from the photo itself.
Bree: Absolutely lovely face, but the body pose takes away from the simplicity. You look like you were in between poses or something - I get a sense of discomfort and I don't like that we can't see your body. Face is great, body is too unsure.
SweetTyra: DISAGREEEEE!!!I think this is just really effortless and cool without being boring. Theres kinda hint of timidness there, but your look is so strong, I could actually picture this as an ad. I dont know about the decision to just wear socks, that seemed a bit strange to me and maybe a little too relaxed, but thats my only criticism of a really great shot.

Judging Panel #10! Oregon13

Bree: OMGWUT.
Chantal: *Sigh* I’ve seen you do this kind of pose before (up in the air and like how did he do this?) I would of much rather seen you on the floor doing a dynamic angley pose then trying to impress us by doing something crazy. However, I really like the location and what your wearing but your face does confuse me, it looks squashed like a pug.
SweetTyra: FAR...OUT. How the eff did you do that standing on there? This shot is INCREDIBLE!! I think this is by far your best shot and possibly one of the best of the cycle. No, not possibly, it IS one of the best. I fuckin love it!!! Man, you have stepped it up hardcore this week! You my friend are definitely a dark shady horse!!

MORE TO COME!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:52 am

CONNAN:

Judging Panel #10! Connan13

SweetTyra: Its nice. I cant really fault it too much, but at the same time, Im not going WOWWWWWW. Its nice. Um...yeah.
Bree: I like your expression and pose a LOT. My main concern is that you're doing nothing for your clothes. Simple doesn't mean blah. You've kind of made the clothes look baggy and sack-like on your body. But I really do love your expression - you're showing off profile but still giving us power.
Chantal: TBH I find this mega boring. The brief asked fir simple, but this is TOO simple. You’re not interacting with the camera at all, it’s like somebody was just wondering around the house with a camera and got you by accident. Your arms are just hanging and your body isn’t shaped at all. You have beautiful jaw line though.

Judging Panel #10! Connan14

Chantal: Now, I do like this picture. Although we can only see one eye its staring straight at the camera and like hey I’m awesome and you know it. I think your pose is really good, effortless but dynamic; the arch in your back really brings something to the picture. Your jacket is really high-fashion too, I’ve recently seen that style on the catwalk so good on you lol.
Bree: Way to use your space and compliment the costume! This is very dynamic and interesting. I'm big on body lines, and you created the perfect one here. I wish your expression were as sexy and alluring as your pose and costume. It's kind of halfway there. It's not that it's bad, it just would have been better had you given it more sex appeal.
SweetTyra: Ooooh KILLER pose!! Daymn! I want that jacket. Actually I have something similar already, but I want THAT one! I think you could have been more dramatic in the face though or maybe done soemthing with the right arm instead of just letting it hang there...it kinda looks too relaxed around that area, but as a whole this picture is fantastic!!

MIKIEL:

Judging Panel #10! Mikiel13

Bree: Oh, this is too cute. Definitely a side of you we haven't seen too much of, which is just the casual "just chillin', but I'm fierce!" Mikiel. No sex-kitten here, which makes me a happy panda. The pose is simple, though not that original. I like that you kept your glasses on too. My one complaint is that the outfit doesn't embody "simple" in the least. It hink you were trying to show off your personal style, but next time, jeans and a T-shirt will do.
Chantal: This is far too much for what was supposed to be a simple picture, you really didn’t need to add the accessories or patterned top as it does distract the viewer from what you are actually supposed to look at. I also think the pose is OTT with the foot up and your neck over far too much, there really is no need for it. Your face does look awesome though, really pulling me in.
SweetTyra: I really like you in this shot, but I think you know what Im gonna say- its way too styled, not simple enough and therefore doesnt really fulfill the brief. You look really relatable, I love the little smile, its very commercial yet just really cool. You as a model in this shot are fantastic, but like I said, I think you did too much with the styling.

Judging Panel #10! Mikiel14

Bree: I'm liking the pose and make-up a lot. My problem is that everything ELSE in this picture besides you - the guitar, the piano, the American flag... it makes it SO cheesy. We weren't asking for a music-related shoot. We wanted YOU. This shot is about YOU creating drama, and using your environment. Adding props in feels weird to me. I LOVE your pose and your eye connection a LOT, but the props take away from it a bit for me.
Chantal: Hmmm I don’t understand this picture at all. Your eyes as usual are really capturing and drawing me in, but what are you doing with your mouth, it makes you look like you have a major underbite, reminds me of a Pomeranian. The guitar is like wtf, why do you have one, it makes no sense. Also your clothes aren’t high fashion at all, thats what I wear to bed.
SweetTyra: I like it! Dirty rock chic. Really edgy makeup and expression, the face completely sells this shot. Maybe could have done more posing wise, I like the right leg with the knee bent, but I think if you had done more, it may have looked a bit try hard like it did in a few of your shots, so I like that the face makes up for what isnt happening with your limbs. I do have to just touch on something that Chantal and Bree said about the prop- In pretty much every shot, it looked like quite an unnatural and uncomfortable component to your picture- if you are going to use a prop, you need it to be a PART of you- I mainly just saw "Hey, look Im kinda holding a guitar". It needs a purpose if its gonna be there.

MORE TO COME!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:05 am

AVESS:

Judging Panel #10! Avess14

SweetTyra: Hummanah hummanah. This is a strange angle. Its a very intimidating shot, the angle, the stance, the styling. I guess you havnt really done anything "wrong", maybe I just dont like it because it isnt what I envisioned this shoot to be? It shouldve been more relaxed and relatable I think. You look like a bully haha
Chantal: I really like this, the camera angle makes the shot really dynamic. Your staring straight at the camera and your eyes are dreamy yet ‘yeah bitch, I’m awesome.’ The pose is awesome too, especially with your neck cocked to the left (or right) and your body turned to the right (or left) – I ain’t good with my right and left ha (nice primark vest btw and muscle definition lol)
SweetTyra: Vest Chantal? Over here we call that type of shirt a wife-beater lmao. Maybe thats why you look like yo gonna bash me haha Razz

Judging Panel #10! Avess13

Chantal: AWESOME! again lol, really good moment to capture the photo. Everything is working in this picture yet you are a foot up in the air! Your eyes are so amazing, and the make-up really makes them stand out. I love the way your hands are contorted, makes it look truly high fashion. The only thing I don’t like is the location it’s a bit plain. But other than that I love it.
SweetTyra: I LOVE IT!!! Great shot!! The one thing thats bugging me though- its a bit I dunno...bulky around the chest and neck. I think bulky is the right word. Its mainly just the tie I think, its looks odd. But other than that little thing, its fantastic!!!

JARED:

Judging Panel #10! Jared13

Chantal: I’m really not sure on what I think of this, i like it then I look back and I don’t. I think your face looks stunning and your definitely pulling the viewer in but then I also think it looks a bit scary a bit at the same time. The pose is simple but effective, it definitely looks like one of them model casting cards. I like the way the photo is set, with your shadow behind you, looks really top-notch.
SweetTyra: I like! It doesnt really have a wow factor, but your connection is great, you look relaxed, you look like a model. If i was the client I wouldnt be blown away, but Id be satisfied with this shot.

Judging Panel #10! Jared14

Chantal: AWESOME! This is picture is soo beautiful. Your pose is really good, simple but effective. Your face is amazing, really capturing the auidience. Your fashion as well is gooood, although the top does confuse me ha. I also love the way you are on your toes, it makes you look a billion foot tall. Truly awesome.
SweetTyra: WOWWEEEEEE EFF YES! I LOOOOVE IT! I hope I have chosen the right picture for you though, because there were about 3 amazing ones in there. I think Ive made the right choice though coz your eyes are FIIIEERCCCEE!!! You have nailed this one, and what youve brought is exactly what this photoshoot was supposed to be. Fantastic!
Nigel: I think this wiill be like my only comment of the week but i totally disagree with you leigh about jared's eyes.
you see fierce, i see heroin addict.

And on that note,
THE JUDGES WILL NOW DELIBERATE!!

When we return, somebody WILL

BE

ELIMINATED!!!!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:15 am

heh, i can't walk for shit
thank you about the pic comments though
especially to you chantal, as if!!! i never thought i had "muscle definition" thanks

me, you, nandos, 6 o clock, yeh? Wink

ha
Avess
Avess

https://www.facebook.com/avess.arshad

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 am

this is how i ranked'em. ignoring the runways though because my computer's acting weird with videos:

Simple:
Mikiel
Avess
Jared
Chantal
Connan
Oregon

Dramatic:
Jared
Connan
Oregon
Chantal
Avess
Mikiel

Average:
Jared
Connan
Avess
Mikiel
Chantal
Oregon
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  x Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:11 am

it's obvious that i am going this week lol, 4 penalty points with only 6 people left ;(

I wish I would have known about the video, but i haven't had internet at my house for like 2 weeks, so i've been having to go to the library. BUT oh well, theres no one to blame but myself. It's been great competing against all of you. <3

oh and where is Cozy?!

P.S. - I think all of Chantal's critiques were EXTREMELY off the mark.

x

Back to top Go down

Post  Chantal Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:12 am

Oregon wrote:it's obvious that i am going this week lol, 4 penalty points with only 6 people left ;(

I wish I would have known about the video, but i haven't had internet at my house for like 2 weeks, so i've been having to go to the library. BUT oh well, theres no one to blame but myself. It's been great competing against all of you. <3

oh and where is Cozy?!

gosh, sorry for having different opinions on things
Chantal
Chantal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 am

Oregon wrote:it's obvious that i am going this week lol, 4 penalty points with only 6 people left ;(

oh and where is Cozy?!

Cozy quit on Monday Sad

I highly doubt that you'll be going home this week. Even with the penalty points, your Dramatic picture is going to save you. There's no way that's not getting FCO on every judges' list.
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  x Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 am

don't apologize.

i've been noticing that going this entire cycle, seems as though some of you guys *cough*Jonny *cough* base all your opinions on friendship. it's cool though, people need to leech onto others to thrive.

x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:15 am

Welcome back models. After this elimination, we will have our Final 5 and only TWO more weeks of competition left!!!

Lets see who has made it!

The first name I am going to call is...

JARED!!
Judging Panel #10! Jared14

Congratulations! First callout two weeks in a row! You have definitely emerged as the frontrunner after a very slow start!

The next name I will call is...

CONNAN!!!

OREGON!!! This position is disappointing- if you had sent in a runway challenge and not received penalty points, you would have been verrrry close to number one! The judges are very excited to see you blossom and continue improving!

And the last name I will call before the Bottom 2....

AVESS!!!

Will Chantal and Mikiel please step forward.

Chantal- this is your first time in the B2 ever I believe! But at this stage of the competition, we have moved passed judging on previous performances. This week, you completely bombed and the judges fear that you may have settled back into a comfortable position. In your shoots this week, you seemed to just not try. Couple that with your inconsistency so far this cycle and it is worrying. We wanted to see the same Chantal from Cycle 3 and this week, you werent only bad compared to yourself, but compared to everyone else as well.

Mikiel- We eliminated you last week and we were hoping that you would come back and prove to us that we made the wrong decision. Although the general consensus is that you performed better than Chantal this week in your shoots, have you done enough to prove you should continue?

Guys, I only have one set of photos in my hands.
And the person still in the running towards becoming IMDB's Next Top Model is...

CHANTAL

Your challenge win saved you this week. We expect nothing but the best next time.

Mikiel, thank you so much for returning, it was a very brave thing to do!

Congratulations to the Final 5!!!

Your next task will be posted within the next few days!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chantal Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:16 am

Oregon wrote:don't apologize.

i've been noticing that going this entire cycle, seems as though some of you guys *cough*Jonny *cough* base all your opinions on friendship. it's cool though, people need to leech onto others to thrive.

naaahh, i consider Mikel a friend yet i didn't praise his shot or anything
Chantal
Chantal

Back to top Go down

Post  Chantal Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:19 am

thanks for saving me guys

i personally liked my pics this week, well my simple one

not that dramatic one another one but i can see where you said i looked sleepy lol

right, going to bed now its 1.18 am and i have a 9am lecture, only stayed up for this (and curb your enthusiasm lol)

xx
Chantal
Chantal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:21 am

See? Told you that you weren't going home Oregon Smile
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  x Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:22 am

thanks mik, YOU shouldn't have gone home either. Personally I think there were 2 people who should have been lower than you this week.

x

Back to top Go down

Post  x Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:25 am

I dont know about the decision to just wear socks, that seemed a bit strange to me and maybe a little too relaxed, but thats my only criticism of a really great shot.

My mother's asian, we can't wear shoes inside the house lol

x

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:28 am

Thanks, but I wasn't expecting to make it passed this week. I accept my elimination A LOT more this week than I did last week though. There were penalty points against me for returning and because I didn't follow the brief 100%, I knew that I'd be bottom 2'd and eliminated. Mathematically I wouldn't have eliminated myself, but taking into consideration everything, the only choice was made. Smile
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:18 am

1) I'm a lumberjack on the side. SCUUUUSE me for bringing a little of myself into my catwalk/ramp work.
2) The clothes look like a sack on me b/c I'm very skinny and "normal people" clothes dont fit me, unless they're tailored. Next shoot I'll pick up some basics at the osh kosh b'gosh.
3) I take the Gap Kids comment as a compliment, I find their fashions tres chic.
4) So either me or Robbie go next week, there can only be one.....and I've got my eye on you Robbie. Actually..... meh Razz

Bye Micky! I'm gonna win this so one day I can say..... "I learned everything I know from Mikiel." Crying or Very sad
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  YahFuckinLucky Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Praise jeebus hallelujah!! I'm elated the judges saw something in me (even if it might've been a heroin addict). This town is known as the heroin capitol of our country so I guess that was a cultural smize?

Thank you so much everyone! I love you

Mikiel hope you still WERK and don't let all that flava go to waste.
YahFuckinLucky
YahFuckinLucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:59 am

not mikeil!!!

NOT AGAIN!!!! Mad
Roderick
Roderick

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 am

but in all seriousness

jared is amazing!!!
Roderick
Roderick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down