IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Panel #9!

+11
MrRouge
Cozeanna
Erik
lilVic
CHEERS THEN
Roderick
Mellykakes
LTate
Mikiel
Avess
Sweet_Tyra
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Judging Panel #9! Empty Judging Panel #9!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 am

Hello to our wonderful Final 7!

This week, you completed a shoot that was one of the most requested ever- The Tape shoot from CNTM! You all wanted it and you all got it!! But will it live up to your high expectations?

We have a very special guest joining us on the Judging Panel today!!!

Please welcome Cycle 4 contestant VICTOR!!!

Lets not waste any time now!

When I call your name, please step forward to be evaluated!

AVESS:

Judging Panel #9! Avess

SweetTyra: This does make me slightly uncomfortable to look at and it is very in-ya-face but thats what I like about it, you took a big risk and I love that. It has a character and a story. I love the quirk and delicacy of the hand, but wish you hadnt cropped the edge of the fingers out.
Bree: You certainly caught my attention. The expression is unique, but with the styling, it's just a bit too much. Your picture gets props for being artsy, but I don't see fashion from this, I see your goofy personality.
Karasu: I think this is the first picture of yours that i dont like. I think you were trying to look quirky but you just overdid it.
Mark: You've been great all cycle, but you REALLY dropped the ball this week IMO. I mean this doesn't really look edgy, more quirky like Karasu said and I just don't think this picture says model.
Victor: When I first see this photo, I immediately fall in love with it. I love the sorta Salvadore Dali look you're giving with your eyes. I love that your crown(?) blends in almost perfectly with your makeUp. It sort of looks like your heads on fire with is Genius. The only downside (which sucks) is compared to everyone else this week, you're photo isn't at the the top of the pack for me. You did amazing this week, but I think a few others may have got you beat. But still, Great job. This picture gives me chills.

CONNAN:

Judging Panel #9! Connan

Victor: What I love about this photo is sort of the androgyny of it. You really are good at choosing the angles which work best for you face, and you look great in this photo. I wish I could have gotten more power from your eyes. They seem rather dull. But I love the hair and body movement. Great job.
Bree: Mmmm, savage and sexy. I like it. Now, you have been in trouble for not composing properly, and this is one of those times when you should be scolded. You framed your picture WAY too tightly, and it feels like you gave us half a picture. Disappointing on such a strong frame. It really is your best work yet.
Karasu: The lighting ruins this for me, i like the pose but i cant really see your face and thats a problem.
SweetTyra: Your face is just lost to me, I definitely dont agree with Bree that its your best work. Your chin kinda blends with your chest, its odd. Youve gone back to your Cycle 2 problem with the aimlessness with your arms, at least thats what I found with your film as a whole. I find this to be a good shot but not necessarily dynamic, its just not that interesting.
Mark: I see what the judges are saying about the lighting, but that actually doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I think the dark lighting actually makes the picture and composition BETTER. Your right eye (left in the picture) is catching the light and creating a really powerful effect. Very cool. One of my favs from you.
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Judging Panel #9! Empty Re: Judging Panel #9!

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:54 am

eck
Avess
Avess

https://www.facebook.com/avess.arshad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:57 am

MIKIEL:

Judging Panel #9! Mikiel1-1

Victor: Yessssssssssss!!! OmFg! I love this soooo much. Omg. You transformed so much in this photo. You sort of look like a Geisha. Going from black to Asian... oh, Hi Keenyah. lol. I'm getting soooo much intensity from your eyes. Top of the week for me. 10s across the board!
Karasu: i dont like the quality of this picture at all, it looks really dated and strange. You are also looking a bit feminine, i guess it kinda works. Overall this picture is just ok
Bree: This is a good pose, but there's nothing dynamic or fashion-y about it. I feel like you let the makeup do the work for you a little bit - I'm not getting any intensity or fire out of you, just a very nice angle.
SweetTyra: It is so great to see a profile shot from you! I dont think weve seen that before! It definitely makes you seem more versatile, I see a softness in you. Karasu mentioned that this looks dated and he also said it looks like it was taken in the 70s. I agree, but I also think it seems relevant for now and there are also futuristic elements, so I see this more as a timeless shot. I see the intensity, I think this is a great shot of you.
Mark: Between your afro the and the quality, this DOES look very 70's, not that thats a bad thing necessarily. The androgynous look works for some people some time, this time, it didn't help you at all.It looks way too soft and feminine for me to call it edgy and editorial. The shot itself just doesn't offer much.

CHANTAL:

Judging Panel #9! Chantal

Bree: DAMNNNNN GIRL. You thought about everything. You made that tape an accessory. Your pose is just divine - you're such a friggin' diva. And I'm glad you paid attention to the no-clutter-in-the-background thing, because you've been known to be sloppy in that area. Best so far!
Victor: You both have that strong bone structure that stands out. Your cheekbones and jawline look really good from this angle. Your eyes look fantastic. This photo doesn't WOW me as much as the others, but amazing job.
SweetTyra: I dont think this is amazing as everyone else does. Your face is way too washed out, too overexposed. You werent sloppy in the background, but you were with the hair- I expected more of a rigidity, I dunno, more tailored...can you use that word to describe hair? Haha it just seems messy. Your hand looks weird to me as well. Yuor thumb looks short and stumpy because of the angle. I love the drama of this shot and you look beautiful, but I keep being distracted by other tiny little things going on,
Karasu: LOVE, i do agree with leigh that its a little sloppy, but its easily the best out of the bunch
Mark: Oh, Chantal, you never disappoint. Love this. It's edgy and dramatic. I don't see anything messy here, so I don't know what Leigh and Karasu are talking about. If they're talking about the hair then they're whack cause the brief said crazy hair. My only negative is how far away the camera is from you and it's not really tight enough. Remember, it's a beauty shot. You ARE a model, girl <3
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:02 am

Two at a time is killing me! hahahahah.
Mikiel
Mikiel

http://www.myspace.com/485390558

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:07 am

ma inspiratie

Judging Panel #9! Inp10
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:09 am

I just have a quick question.....

What qualifies Victor to be a guest judge? His comments are kinda booty. Just sayin
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:09 am

OREGON:

Judging Panel #9! Oregon

Bree: Cool pose, kinda Karasu-ish. I do think there's a bit of sleepiness in your expression. You're so nice at soft faces, but you need a lesson in smizing, young man. The makeup is a bit silly... you need a bit of a high fashion injection. May I suggest pointers from Chantal?
Mark: I know what you were trying to do with the eyebrows, but sadly enough you didn't quite achieve that look. This isn't really as edgy as I would have wanted. I think it's the pose. What you're doing with your hands is unnecessary in this kind of photoshoot. I kind of like the shadow in the background. Obviously this is impossible but it would be cool if the shadow was doing like a different pose, haha.
SweetTyra: This is an amazing angle of your face, I love the triangular shape of the chin. Showing off your bone structure very nicely!! The picture quality is poorer than others, but I think you make up for it in your presence. I dont see tiredness behind your eyes, I see something very sinister and Im getting a great character from you!
Karasu: I'm glad that you have a different facial expression it really works here.
Victor: You used the least amount of makeUp, and yet your photo STILL stands out as among the best of the week to me. The photo as a whole just WORKS. You eyes really really look great here. You captured are really great angle with the light so that your shadow is totally mimicking your movement perfectly. You look great, and the photo just works.

COZY:

Judging Panel #9! Cozy

Bree: OMGWTFBBQ you're ASIAN? Seriously, you look like a China doll here. You and Chantal made your shots totally editorial. I like the accessories and makeup, and your pose is just so delicate and girly. Another superb week for you.
SweetTyra: I see what Bree sees in the China doll! I feel like I will smash your face into pieces if I touch it haha. This is gorgeous. There something a little bit odd about the bottom of the hand, but I like the delicacy of the touch. Would have liked a little more power behind the eyes. I feel that lately, you havnt really given us an amazing picture. Theyre good but I never go "Oooooh, wow!!!" You are definitely middle-ing way too much for my liking. Blow us away please!!!
Victor: My god... Sooooo stunning. You look like a Porcelain Doll. Your skin looks AMAZING and you just completely own this picture. You look so delicate. haha. Amazing photo. Oh and I love your hair. <3
Mark: The first thing I thought when I saw this was "china doll", like the other judges have pointed out. What I like about this picture is that you're doing a soft that actually works. For some reason this reminds me of Betty Boop. Good work.

JARED:

Judging Panel #9! Jared

SweetTyra: WOW. This is great. I think your styling and makeup was probably the best. And DAYMN boy those eyes! POW!
Mark: Omg Jared, If any of the guys of INTM could get signed as a model, you're it. This is pretty awesome. Your expression is commanding, and the styling is very artistic. The negative is, like Chantal's, that it's a little too far away, like your face is too far at the bottom of the photo...it needed to be cropped a little more around the sides and top. Still one of my fav pics of the comp so far!
Bree: Bra. Fucking. Vo. Remember a few panels back, the controversy about looking feminine vs. looking androgynous? You look feminine in a FASHION way. THANK YOU for pulling it off. I love the extension of your neck and the way you used your headpiece to fill the space of the frame. The only thing I don't like is your eyes, they're kind of "almost there" but then at the last minute got all spacey. Still, WONDERFUL fashion shot from you.
Victor: Dude... You are seriously trying to win this competition and I can just FEEL it. I love how your makeUp is sort of inspired from Miriam's photo and I love the gorgeous headpiece you added. You eyes are piercing RIGHT through this picture. Its amazing. Definitely one of the best of the week. Amazing job.

THE JUDGING WILL NOW DELIBERATE!
When I call you back, somebody will...

be....

ELIMINATED!!!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:10 am

I think your shot has been my favorite so far Avess hahaha. Very Happy I had a frame where I had the same eyes in it. @____@ trippy!

Also, awesome that Victor got to critique this week! Always nice to have an outside view Very Happy
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:11 am

Jared's is awesome! I think I'm gone though :/
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:13 am

Now that the other shots have been posted, Oregon's picture is my favorite this week!! Amazing! I seriously don't know who is going home Sad I just hope it's not me haha -______- though it's a possibility judging by my critique Shocked
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:15 am

cheers
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 am

Oh, and thank you Mikiel Very Happy I really think I'm gone though. I like my picture, but I see that it's the least modelly picture there. I'm shitting bricks, I think I might smoke a whole pack of cigarettes whilst waiting for the outcome. UGH.
I LOVE the 70's feel Mikiel. They're all gorgeous, I like them all a lot, including mine. Hopefully I got kudos for artsyfartsiness *Fingers crossed for myself*
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:23 am

Thank you Very Happy I actually really like the quality of my picture haha. I just need to bring it back a little if I make it through this round. I don't think the right person is going to be eliminated this week. I really hope no one is!
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:23 am

.......... GRRRR GRAWLLLL WOOF WOOOFFF .........
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:23 am

I dont think you have anything to worry about Avess
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:25 am

i swear if i stay
i will fucking kill it next week, slam that bitch down and put my finger in her ear
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:28 am

in her ear... how about her nose? pick a winnah!
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 am

i'll pick her nose hardcore!
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 am

then TAKE HER BRAINS OUT!
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:30 am

AND THROW THEM ON THE FLOOR!
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:35 am

who is this girl we are talking about...?
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:36 am

this competition hahah
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:37 am

or her

Judging Panel #9! Dancei11

or .. her. them

Judging Panel #9! Unbirt10
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:38 am

competition is a BITCHHH I HAVE NO COMPETITION NONE OF YOU ARE ON MY LEVEL.

GET. ON. MY. LEVEL. BITCH.

I am off the freaking chart. because that is how I roll.
like a fat kid. who can't get up. I roll.
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:38 am

you are in my bad books now mel

get off my foot
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next