IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Panel #7!

+15
Cozeanna
Erik
x
lilVic
This is Chris
Jonny-boy
Mikiel
Kazara
Bree-ba O'Riley
LTate
YahFuckinLucky
Avess
Chantal
CHEERS THEN
Sweet_Tyra
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Judging Panel #7! Empty Judging Panel #7!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:43 pm

Hello Models and welcome to your seventh Judging Panel! With only six more week to go, the cream is certainly starting to rise to the top of the INTM mug!

Lets give a very warm welcome to Cycle One Winner KAZARA!!!
She finally joins the Judging Panel this week!

This week, you went Down Under with an Aussie themed music and dance week. It was all about finding the movement and rhythm in your shoots.

Today is the 26th of January, at least for most of you, which is...

AUSTRALIA DAY WOOOOO!!

I hope you celebrate with me while visiting Australia this week!

But we do have to remember that this competition is no holiday!

And with that said, Let's get on with the Judging Panel!!

First up is...

AVESS!

Music Artist- Empire of the Sun:
Judging Panel #7! Avess9

Bree: like that I can see your ethnicity here. I also feel like you thought the most about your clothing choice. Your body looks just a tad stiff, but there's something very special about your expression, very inspiring. Not at all like anything you've done. Congratulations - I was worried you were stuck in a rut of the face-on-creepy-eyes thing. I'm definitely wrong.
Nigel: I totally get empire of the sun from this. It really is a great picture. I would have preferred if you had done the whole "being fatigued in the desert, look at me I'm dizzy and I need some water cause I'll dehydrate soon" thing with the posing. My only real negative is that I'm not digging the wide eyed stare cause you're losing your eyes and all we see is white.
SweetTyra: I think your styling for this shoot is FANTASTIC. This is Empire of the Sun to a T! I love the stance, its like a mid walk pose but a MODEL mid walk pose that is totally natural but still interesting in a way and shows off the garment tremendously
Kazara: Avess-pire of the Sun! This shot is almost impeccable. You’ve got your little emotional subtleties in there, looking like some sort of suave raccoon man and combining some elements of sun warrior, mariachi band member, and Arabian royalty all in one. Another shot like this and whoever claims you use the “fierce Avess look” too often gets slapped, because this is something completely different and you’re also working the silhouette and angle

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Avess10

SweetTyra: LOOOOVE ITTTTTT AAAAAAGGGGH! Amazing. Your best shot since your very first beauty shot in cycle 1! It is so powerful and that is a very important part of the culture, empowerment and strength. I love the movement its just ugh. So good. You have absolutely nailed this week, congratulations!
Nigel: ;jaklsdfjads;lfjasd;lf yes. I can honestly say this is one of my favorite intm pictures. You look like a warrior/some kind of voodoo priest doing your dark magic creating shenanigans all over the world. No negatives at all.
Bree: O. M. G. This is one of my all-time favourite INTM shots. Everything about this is flawless. The body line, the shape you've created, the motion in your pose, your expression, the composition... it's just so unique and special. Bravo
Kazara: I really like the little touches you added here, like the skull teeth and the talisman-like necklaces. The pose over the fire is just beyond awesome, like you’re performing some crazy ritual, and it also does wonders for the lighting/composition. You take control of this shot and are seemingly hyperaware of how it’s going to turn out. The only critique I have is that it’s almost more “ancient biker guy”, a little too commanding and multifarious as opposed to just Aboriginal.

JONO:

Music Artist- Empire of the Sun:
Judging Panel #7! Jono9

Nigel: I do get empire of the sun from this, too! Neck? down: awesome, neck? up:...where's your neck, man? I know you know you lose your neck cause of the ...conversation? we had on facebook. You're jutting your chin down and you lose your neck and make your expression a bit...emo. Idk. Other than that, it's great!
SweetTyra: I like it! Quirky kinda sexy. I love the shoulders. You are connecting really nicely with your eyes in this shot, but a lot of the others did look slightly crazed and while that did mimic the video, it didnt work on film in the context of fashion. Damn you are pulling me in with those eyes! Haha. Really great shot, but I gotta say, I think the feathers have outstayed their welcome. Get a new prop!!
Bree: It's a bit unsure, though I see how you were trying to match the mood of your artist. I like your body and your composition as you helped yourself stand out from the background. Nice body, though I would have liked to see a BIT more confidence in the face, because this is ALMOST naughty and sexy. Not quite though
Kazara: I feel like you built up a character here to go with the Empire of the Sun guy and I like the result quite a bit. It almost sort of reminds me of a Jamaican toucan or something. I also like your choice to not be in the center of the photo, since it adds dimension and just of looks better from an artistic viewpoint. But I almost want to say that all of your shots have this cool offbeat verve, so if you tried something traditional, it would actually be another checkmark on the versatility list for you.

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Jono10

Kazara: This does feel more Aboriginal than Jono, which is, like I said, a different twist for you. I rather appreciate it overall just because of that, because it presents an attitude and theme that isn't so much about you putting your own spin on things - which, of course, is good most of the time, just not all the time. The flame added a lot to your shot, too, and made for some interesting lighting the same way Avess's did. I can't decide whether I like the pose or not - it sort of feels like you were laying on a couch and someone dumped you out of it and yet you maintained the pose, but it's also creative and does feel Aboriginal. Your eyes are also very ritualistic-looking here, which is good
SweetTyra: I absolutely love the lines you have created with your body, they are really interesting anc I like how I feel a lot of movement with the legs, like one is going over the other so it really helps make this a dance shot that isnt a stagnant shot that was obviously posed, so well done! I think the face is lacking, though. Well, maybe not lacking, but just doesnt complement the pose- you shouldve gone for a more powerful gaze rather than these kinda puppy dog eyes. Maybe you weren't trying to go for that and you were trying to make it strong, but for me, thats not how it comes across.
Bree: This is the opposite for me - I LOVE the face, but not the body. Your eyes are provacative, strong, and sexy. Your body, however, looks a bit forced and uncomfortable. I don't think you can really do a sitting pose... I'm sure Leigh had a reason for choosing this but I'd have preferred to see you standing and using your limbs more. I DO think how you posed complimented the makeup really well
Nigel: You're doing the same thing here, but in this case it fits. I do agree with Bree in saying that i would have preferred a standing pose cause that would have given you a chance to do a range of poses and movements. Not that what you're doing here is bad, it's just that I don't really get aboriginal dance from this. Know what I mean, chili bean?

CHANTAL:

Music Artist- Lisa Mitchell:
Judging Panel #7! Chantal9

SweetTyra: WOW. It is SO good to see such a natural beauty from you without having any theatrics in the makeup and styling. This stripped down, innocent look is absolutely stunning on you. I dont like the thick red ribbon in the forefront of the photo, the light bounces off it too much and you can see where it has been taped together, so it makes the shot seem very sloppy. You NEEEEED to start sending me more than 4 shots a week because you just arent giving me enough to choose from.
Bree: Er, I'm gonna say tis even though I know Leigh disagrees - I think you look like Regina Spektor here. I also think this shot is SO DIFFERENT from everything you've produced because you always look so strong and fierce, but you look vulnerable and super-soft here. I think you captured the artist well, but the placement of the red tape is a bit worrysome. It's not seeing the tape that distracts me, it's the way it cuts your body in two, and makes your head look really big while your body looks small
Nigel: I agree completely with Bree. The tape in front of you is just awkward and unnecessary. And yes your expression is very soft and vulnerable, but that's what, in my opinion, was called for. That one chick in the video looks like she's about to burst out in tears so great job on that!
Kazara: think the background and the layering is what actually adds the punch here. The smoothness and ebbing of this shot almost makes it look like you’re coming up for air in the Red Sea, lol. I like your softness and the decision to go natural here, but I can’t decide if you maybe look a little too bewildered in the context of the brief – the music video was a little eerie, and not portraying that just throws this picture off a little in reference to the music artist.

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Chantal10

Bree: Ooooh, I LOVE this girl! Again, so different for you. You look so soft and relaxed and organic. I also love how you still have your fierce flats on even though you're a warrior. The body is perfect; there's a bit of question in the face, but it's still rather special.
SweetTyra: Hmm I get more of an American Indian tribal vibe from this shot, not Aboriginal. You shouldnt really be wearing shoes either. Yeah, the styling and the makeup is just way off. I think it is also too posey- this shot was meant to be about movement and I dont really feel much of that here. Your face has photographed beautifully as always and the connection with the lens is great, but as a whole I just dont find it that dynamic or inspiring.
Nigel: I like it, but it looks like you're about to go all capoeira on my ass instead of telling a story with movement. Unless you're talking about a fight. And I do agree with Leigh about the shoes. And maaaybe the styling, but I like it and not all of us are from Australia so we don't really know what aboriginals look like and some of us go by what we saw on ANTM, you know?
SweetTyra: Well you shouldnt, Nigel, and the models definitely shouldnt have either because I did post a link to videos for them to watch, so theres no excuse for misinterpretation on this shoot! Razz
Kazara: I adore how you splayed out your right hand’s fingers, almost as if holding an imaginary fan or something. Everything from the slight forward lean to the placement of each limb shows great self-awareness as a model. However, I agree with Leigh that you don’t look completely Aboriginal in the styling, and this is what keeps the photo slightly amateur no matter how good your own job is. I also really like how the shot plays against that plant, which looks like a little headdress in itself

MORE TO COME SOON!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Judging Panel #7! Empty Re: Judging Panel #7!

Post  CHEERS THEN Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 pm

don't give me a video with feathers in if you don't want me to use feathers!
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Chantal Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 pm

the floor was too cold for me to take my shoes off, i didn't want my feet to go numb Sad
Chantal
Chantal

https://www.facebook.com/The.Channyzon?ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 pm

i had my shoes off, at night, it was horrible. i don't blame you. i came right in, laid down on the floor and put my feet on the radiator til they BURNED.
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 pm

it was funny watching you in pain jono Very Happy
you literally ran in, screamed, fell on the floor and put your "footsies" on the radiator
and they were on like.. full Very Happy
poor poor jono feets

chantal, you look so beautiful without make-up!

and thank you judges, a lot! i don't know what i'm gonna do with that outfit now, but hey. i might just get married so the outfit doesn't go to waste
Avess
Avess

https://www.facebook.com/avess.arshad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 pm

CONNAN:

Music Artist- The Presets:
Judging Panel #7! Connan9

Kazara: I think the angle is what makes this shot better than average – your face is elongated and it increases your moroseness. However, I feel like there was something else you could have done, maybe adding some milk or whatever that was from your video to the shoot, because this shot is still kind of lacking intrigue. I want to be able to say, “You followed the brief to a T here, and the T is for Tinman Connan!” but it follows the “boring” part of the brief and makes the interest of the shot rather “milky”.
Bree: I have to say, this is kind of amateur for you. I like the quirkiness, and I like that you're smizing, but the angle and the composition makes it look very... Audrey. This is disappointing.
Nigel: I would have preferred the milk part of the video. This is a bit generic, and you're all up in our faces. That's never good. Don't go up anybody's faces unless you really have to
SweetTyra: I gotta say, Im disappointed with you this week. This shot isnt that bad, but its not the actual shot I wanna talk about. You seemed to give up very easily with this shoot. You did it one way first, going with the "milky water" theme and I knew you would send a few of those shots in and I was prepared to choose them if there was a good one, but there wasnt. It looked exactly like a close up shot of your Hearts on Fire shoot, all it was was you under running water and I think it just showed complete lack of creativity and ability to adapt. Then you gave up doing it a different way because you didnt think it worked and I think you may have psyched yourself out a little. I am glad you sent in this shot, but am disappointed it was the only one of its type because I think it did work very well, you did actually have a lot to work with and couldve given so much more

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Connan10

Nigel: Why is it yellow? That's not sepia. You look uncomfortable and I know you were uncomfortable. Model through the pain! Aren't you always quoting Tyra? Should have listened to yourself/her. This reminds me of like the cycle ten fetus shoot. Totally.
Kazara: Hmm, I think you were trying to combine model and dancer, maybe trying to put the "original" in Aboriginal, but it just isn’t working here - too much model, not enough dancer. It’s almost too obvious, like your thought process was “I am going to select model pose #5 now”, while you’re supposed to show fluidity and movement if you’re going to make a complicated pose in a shot like this. I do like the composition and background, though. Overall you needed to be more, *snap*, move through a pose, *snap*, move fluidly to and through another pose, and it’s too rigid and deliberate, and therefore isn't Aboriginal enough. But I see potential in your posing!
Bree: ELONGATE, monsieu. I think you were going for a flamingo-like pose? Well, er, the dancer judge is gonna school you! This pose would have been EPIC if you had straightened your supporting leg, pointed your working foot (the foot that's in the air), and straightened your back. Also, your cutting your arms off, the way they're crossed. There's a time to contort and a time to not contort. This was not one of those weeks. It's very "model 101;" you picked a pose that you thought was modelesque, which it is kind of, but it's not appropriate for this shoot.
SweetTyra: I dont like it, sorry. I know, its hate on Connan week for me haha. This just seems really contrived to me. You look bored and your movements seem purposeless. It was really essential that you let a story appear in your shot, but I dont see one here, I just see "If I put my hands like this it will look interesting and pretty" Well, no, sorry it just doesnt.

MIKIEL:
Music Artist- Phrase:
Judging Panel #7! Mikiel9

SweetTyra: Ok, I LOVE how you incorperated the pictures of me haha that was great, really cheeky and funny. But its the only good thing about this picture haha. Narcissict, much? No, I just find it really boring. And I know you were going for the "Im in an office and Im bored of this life" type of look, but you can still do that without making the actual shot boring. You had SO much to work with in your video- I wouldve liked to see you in the dirt, pulling along office supplies and you couldve done really interesting things with lighting, using a torch. Wait, you say flashlight. But yeah you just chose the easy route I think and it is just a really bad shot.
Nigel: Haha props on the set. I'm a fan of everything except the pose and your expression. You look bored instead of planning on wreaking havoc on Leigh's office. It's a good picture but there's nothing really "WOW" about it.
Bree: Yeah, it's kind of boring. I feel like you normally give us stuff so modelesque, and you're being more of an actor than a model. It's not selling clothes, and it's not intriguing me. You could have done a lot more. I think maybe a close-up would have been more powerful.
Kazara: This shot for me is very literal in terms of following the video; it could easily be an actual still shot from it. I like the pose and mood you’ve created and the bit of humor by adding the “rebel against the Leigh-der” element. However, when one frame is supposed to capture the whole intent of a video, you’ve got to push through just a tad more and look super-sullen, not just miffed, especially when it’s a faraway shot. (Although, I don't mean for you to be theatrical all the time, just a little more so in a situation like this, where you're supposed to convey a video in one shot.) Overall, not bad and also smile-eliciting, which adds bonus points.

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Mikiel10

Nigel: Mmmm I don't really like the pose. Well it's not bad, but the way you're bending your knees, and the way this picture was shot makes you look short and makes your head look bigger than your body. Like a bobble head. That's never good. Also I'm not a big fan of the expression because your eyebrow is giving me some Dominique 'tude. It's not appreciated. This calls for something softer
Kazara: Woah, you need to shoot outside in the freezing cold more often! The composition is great and the styling screams Aboriginal. Personally, I prefer movement but extending yourself so cleanly to cover the whole frame like you did is the next best alternative. Your eyes are on fire and you have embedded yourself in the culture. You pretty much embodied the goal of this shot, except I don’t think it quite tells a story. I definitely see vast improvement from week to week with you!
SweetTyra: This is MUCH better! Still not as amazing as I think it couldve been, though. The angle you have shot at combined with your pose and positioning of the limbs makes you look REAL short. I think you did one of the best jobs at styling and looking the part. But I guess you are at a massive advantage with that seeing as though you do actually LOOK Aboriginal haha. Not bad by any means, I like it, but you cant afford to make mistakes with angles at this point in the competition.
Bree: Commanding expression, Meeks. I LOVE the face. It's fierce but not forced. But the body is a bit too hip-hop/jazz-dancer and not Aboriginal. When I think of the shots in Cycle 8, I think of nice graceful lines. This is a bit too sassy, a bit too much attitude, and you're making yourself small. I would have preferred standing tall and proud, then adding something dancer-like. This isn't a bad pose, it's just less epic than you could have done.

JONNY:

Music Artist- Children Collide
Judging Panel #7! Jonny9

Jonny: There is really just no excuse for what you have done here and I am really annoyed with this. You have just completely disregarded your designated video. Basically, you just havnt even done the right shoot. You may as well have put on a monkey suit and dangled from the trees. I cant believe you didnt even attempt to recreate any of those scenes and you had a bad attitude towards it from the start. I can think of two ideas right now just sitting here- 1- standing on a ladder, painting a love heart onto a wall and staring off romantically, 2- lying down with a black background behind you, maybe couldve been done at night with the stars, instead of a helmet with a cover, you couldve worn big sunglasses. All it takes is EFFORT and to me this just shows complete laziness and defiance and if you are lucky enough to make it through this week, I will go berserk if I see anything like this again. Thin ice, Jonny.
Bree: Yea, this is a real piss-off. I feel like you just thought, "Hey, I play guitar, I'm going to pose with a guitar." Not good enough. Should we accuse you of being a fake account for not following the brief? Even if this did fit, the pose is not good. The face is quite contrived, very "oooh, look at me, I'm spaceyyyy," and once again you have made your legs look extremely short. Of all the models left I feel as though you have taken the least risks
Nigel: This...is boring. The way you're bending over and the way you're holding the guitar makes you look so damn short. Like, little boy short. Little boy with an adult man's head. Weird. And yes why didn't you follow the brief? You got an easy video and you still didn't do it? It's like, it's not difficult copying something as obvious and easy as that.
Kazara: I like this in terms of it just being a shot of you holding a guitar in the woods, but it seems much more of an exercise in Photoshop skills than actually telling a story with the brief. You could have worked the peculiarities of your music video and really made a unique shot, but you didn't follow the assignment. If you'd marginally done so, you could have escaped the wrath of some angry judges (mostly Leigh…ouch, lol!), and you could have maybe chosen a more metal-looking background, or even just an ordinary wall and then applied the same background color you had before. This isn't a bad shot in and of itself, but since it doesn’t follow the brief, it doesn’t tell us anything positive about your capabilities to act out a scene/bring emotion to the shot. Plus, not doing so conveys a very defiant image even if you don't realize it

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Jonny10

SweetTyra: Luckily, I kind of like this one. I just dont like the fact we can barely see you. I appreciate the effect you were going for, and it kinda works as a photographic picture, but because you blend in with the trees so much, the focal point becomes the tree trunks in the foreground and it loses any fashion appeal.
Kazara:The pose is captivating and it looks like you’re summoning the sun’s light. You look like an extension of the trees and so I can support the rigidness as opposed to movement as an Aboriginal in this case. However, it’s also very hard to see you and that makes the stylistic choices rather uncomfortable – I guess the branches actually end up doing more harm than good since they shroud you too much. This feels like a semi-successful attempt at versatility.
Bree:Very graceful and manly. You have have leaned over a bit too much, but you've created a very elegant line with your body. You look like an archer. Would have been a perfect shot if you were closer
Nigel: I can't see you, so it's really very difficult to judge this. I can see that you're bending yourself again and, again, you look short. There's nothing inspiring about your movement and I really cannot see your face.

MORE TO COME SOON!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  YahFuckinLucky Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Whoa. Ahhh some of the pictures are in opposite spots.

Shocked
YahFuckinLucky
YahFuckinLucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 pm

OREGON:

Music Artist- Temper Trap:
Judging Panel #7! Oregon9

Bree: You're the man who takes all the risks. I love how you're falling but you seemed to KNOW the picture would be taken at this exact moment. Your limbs are teh coolest part of this shot - you really thought a lot about creating a dynamic shape. Also love your outfit. This is a great week for you.
SweetTyra: Oooooooh wow. I really like the silhouette. Although it is dark, you are still rockin the outfit and selling us something and making it look fashionable. I kinda preferred the test shot you sent me as a preview, though. I think what I have said about your Aboriginal shot relates a lot to this too,I wrote that before this, so read that haha.
Kazara: Woohoo, Mr. Daredevil! It’s not my domain to figure out how your bones are still intact, but I commend this just out of virtue of how hard it is to do falling poses a la Cycle 6. However, the video is just so complex and enigmatic that I almost feel that your composition is a bit simple. The pose is great, though, and it almost makes it look like you’re going to start break-dancing in mid-air, lol. Reminds me of some TV commercial deep within my subconscious, and it’s very “you.” Nice!
Nigel: Awesome! I really can't see anything past your silhouette but that doesn't matter cause the silhouette is what makes this picture awesome. I get a feeling coming from you just by what you're doing with your hands. You're bending your knees but you've managed to elongate yourself. Great job, Robbie!

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Oregon10

Bree: This is one of the few jump-shots in INTM where the model has kept his face controled. I like that you went for a pursed lip serious face. It might have been too much on the ground, but with the motion, it fits. I also love the way your leg is just kind of lifted off the ground so gracefully... you looklike a dancer!
Nigel: You look scared. The expression doesn't match the pose. That's a major negative cause if you're gonna do a dynamic shot, you better make damn sure your face will be dynamic too. Without being overdramatic and awkward, of course. Also, I would have preferred if you had bended your right leg.
Kazara: The pose is a little stiff, but I actually think the expression on your face is very Aboriginal. I like the prop and your movement with it, how it seems to be a tribal weapon. You needed to maybe loosen up just a little and stave off being so direct. If you can pose and fall at the same time, you can do a relaxed jump and wield a weapon at the same time. But I think I see the most improvement in you and a lot of potential you keep harnessing and building up each week.
SweetTyra: I didnt really like this at first, but the more I look, the more I like, its growing on me. The shapes and lines you have created are really nice and your face is actually fairly controlled in the situation. You look like a strong warrior! After a few failed attempts in this competition, youve finally made the jumping in the air thing work for you TWICE in one week haha and I commend you very highly on your effort and your willingness to take risks despite the fact that a lot of people think you are going next. its easy to play it safe when people say that, but you havnt and i applaud you for that.

COZY:

Music Artist- Sarah Blasko:
Judging Panel #7! Cozy9

Bree: I LOVE your eyes! Well, scratch that. I love your eye, your left eye, the way it burns through me. Something about the way you tilted your head makes your right eye look a biiiit wonky. But I'm nitpicking. I think the body language is so relaxed, and there's so much behind the expression - you could be waiting for a lover, you could be sad, you could be pensive, you could be trying to interrogate someone. Very good modeling. I don't see sick! Well, unless it's "sick" as in "awesome."
Kazara: I really like the fresh ambiguity in this – it matches the video well and you also added a nice touch to it by painting a touch of pain onto your expression. But I think you may have a little too much arch in the pose considering the way your arm is resting. Maybe it’s because of how you’re pulling the purse with your other hand? Although I think I may be nitpicking a bit, too. xD I really like the lighting here and it adds to the whole soft, fluttery image conveyed here. You’re a natural and you know it, just try different poses and see what new “Cozy-posies” you can conjure up.
SweetTyra: I think you have captured the essence of Sarah (please marry me) Blasko really nicely. Just like Jonny, it doesnt really represent the clip very well, but unlike him, at least you tried to make up for that with your makeup and styling. Even though it is disappointing to see, I know you were ill and you worked with what you had, so I can only really complain a little. Its a very beautiful shot, but was probably the only one where you didnt look slightly uncomfortable slash on the verge of blowing chunks. I know its hard, but you gotta push through that stuff.
Nigel: I do think you styled yourself well and it's very simliar to the video. It's very gypsy. My negative is that I feel like you should have done something different with your expression. Something along the lines of "sad", you know? Or like melancholy. I think that's my only negative, yeah.

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Cozy10

SweetTyra: Hmm I dont think this pepresents Aboriginal dance very well at all, I really really dislike this picture of you, one of your worst ever. I know I said the dances are very animalistic, but this just went too far down the "crazy monster whos gonna eat your eyeballs out" path. A little bit toooo intense. And whats with the weird editing to the left? Were you covering up wall or household items or something? I guess its better than having them showing, but it looks sloppily done. A bit of a bum week for you, but I am happy that you gave it a shot despite being ill.
Bree: Leigh's hatin'! I like it! It's very savage. Your expression is so different from your normal Cozy-face, which is so soft and inviting. This is fire, this is really quite divine. I love the limbs too - you are elongating. My one criticism is that it doesn't look like a dance as much as it looks like you're in the middle of a hunt.
Nigel: I like it. You look like a lion about to attack its prey, but yes, I agree with Leigh. This doesn't really say aboriginal dance. I mean, I don't know how they dance but I take it they tell stories and are peaceful about it. They don't do the "I'm about to kill you" move, I don't think. Also, your left arm looks kinda weird in this.
Kazara: I just love your face here, and the way you contorted yourself perfectly here without any mismatched limbs, with each limb sort of spaced out equally in the frame, makes this photo really unique and shows a true sort of consciousness of not only your own movement, the way I praised a couple other models this time around, but how that movement will look in the eyes and scope of the camera. My only complaint is the same as the other judges: it’s not really Aboriginal. It’s sort of animalistic, which makes sense, but a bit too fierce, so it doesn’t really feel like you “chose” a particular culture to act out.

JARED:

Music Artist- Faker:
Judging Panel #7! Jared9

Nigel: I see this picture and I can see the video. You styled yourself perfectly similar to the video, and your set and pose are also extremely similar. That's both a good and a bad thing. The good thing is that you are embodying the video. The bad thing is that you lost the model side. I'm totally doing a Tyra, but I don't care. She's good like that.
SweetTyra: You styled yourself perfectly! This is like...EXACTLY what he was wearing haha and even the hair is quite similar, so well done on that. I think you really should have set your location up a little bit more interestingly though. In the clip there were quite a lot of objects on the road, and here theres just a few. You couldve made the scene more...disheveled? But the expression and pose are quite eerie and creepy, I really like it.
Kazara: This is definitely one of those photos that seems odd at first, but gets exponentially better the more I look at it. I think maybe the picture quality was throwing me off a bit at first. I love the slightly off angle and you almost look zombie-esque, but in a broken-down-model-pose kind of way. Really diggin’ the expression, the torsion and tension you’ve made with the limbs, and how it kind of looks like you’re going to chase after the photographer. I don’t exactly like the directness with which your left arm is reaching, though.
Bree: Now, I like this photo until I get up to the shoulders. I think your arms are a bit clumsy and graceless, and your face looks a bit sick. I get what you were going for, but I think you needed a bit more intent behind your eyes, because it looks like you stumbled into this a bit. However I must commend you on two things: Your legs, which are model-pretzeling but still long, and the fact that we can't see your neck but you still have the energy behind it and don't look like a turtle.

Aboriginal Dance:
Judging Panel #7! Jared10

SweetTyra: Wow. I LOVE this. I think you have found such a perfect balance between strength and beauty. I see a warrior and a princess all in one haha Razz Yeah, really love the movement and the lines and your face is divine! Great shot.
Kazara: Personally, I absolutely love this shot. You use the trees as some kind of almost dream-world background yet still take charge, and your face looks positively celestial. From a technical standpoint, it feels more like ballet or something than Aboriginal dance, but the overall effect of this photo is so positive that it doesn’t seem to matter anymore – ultimately, you’re just there, working it and collaborating with nature. You should study what you did right here, in my opinion.
Bree: Okay, so the way your hair is spiked it kinda looks like a crown of thorns, and I totlaly thought you were Jesus for a moment. No lie. I like that you're up on a releve (that means on your toes) and I love your arms. I think your expression looks, again, a bit careless... you normally look so cool and fierce, but you're showing your strain a bit this week. Also, point your working foot!! I know it seems like I'm just being nitpicky as a dancer, but do you see how, when you have a flexed foot, it cuts off the body line and makes it all jagged? Just something to keep in mind. Again, your arms are the magic of this. You are skin-nay.
Nigel: At first glance, I like the picture a lot and I don't see any negatives. The more I stare at it, though, the more I see some things here and there. Nothing major. Small details. I would have preferred if you had pointed your left foot more. Also, all of the action seems to be happening on the right side. Don't forget your left arm! It wants to dance too!. I agree with Bree about the expression. Doesn't really mesh well with the pose. Other than that, great job!

The Judges will now deliberate!
When you return, somebody
WILL

BE

ELIMINATED!!!!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:49 pm

this is the first week where i think connan has done as well as he often gets credit for. don't take that in a bad way, baby! i really love both shots.

jared's aboriginal shot is incredible. and so is oregon's music genres shot. i'm very impressed!
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Rolling Eyes
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:00 am

and cozy's aboriginal is really nice as well. where's the love?!
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 am

connans were really good, and jonos, chantal looks beautiful, i love cozy's aboriginal (not very aboriginal but it was awesome), both of robbie's/oregon's/o's and jared's aboriginal
strong week this week me says!
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  YahFuckinLucky Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 am

CHEERS THEN wrote:and cozy's aboriginal is really nice as well. where's the love?!

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
YahFuckinLucky
YahFuckinLucky

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:10 am

Avess wrote:connans were really good

O stop, you're making me blush cat
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:14 am

I KNOW WHAT MIKIEL'S HOLDING! IT'S A CHRISTMAS TREE POLE! YOU WURKIN IT THO!
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:14 am

oh! clever
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:31 am

There are 9 beautiful models standing before me, but I only have 8 photos in my hands.

The name of the model I do not call, must make their way back to the house, pack up their belongings and leave immediately.

Somebody has made INTM history today. This is the first time EVER that the number one callout has been completely unanimous for BOTH shoots for the same person!

Winning that honour and the first person still in the running towards becoming IMDB's Next Top Model is...

AVESS! Congratulations! You have been lingering near the top the whole competition and it is great to finally see you at Number 1! You've just entered front runner territory!
Judging Panel #7! Avess10

The next name I am going to call is...

OREGON!! The judges were beginning to lose hope but this week you have taken risks and shown us how much you want this. But PLEASE- do not become complacent next week and think "Oh yay, I got second, I dont need to try next week". Keep this kind of work going!

JONO!!! You still need to work a little on the power of your expressions and the intention behind your eyes, but you are steadily improving and showing that you are becoming more aware of your body! Congrats!

JARED! Lateness hurt you once again because you were meant to be higher! As we get further on in the competition, tardiness could bump you down to the Bottom 2, so be careful! Great shots this week though!

CHANTAL. You are starting to lose the edge to your shots and the judges can tell your confidence is slipping. We know you have the potential to win, so believe that you can, and you just might!

The next name I will call is........

COZY!! Illness definitely damaged your shots this week. Unfortunately sometimes shit happens. We want to see you power through it though. Well done, you are still in the running towards becoming IMDB's Next Top Model!

Three names left.

The next name I will call and the last person safe from the Bottom 2 is......

MIKIEL!!! The master of creativity had a creative block this week, it seems. The judges want to be surprised every week, but in a good way. This week, we were surprised you could be so boring. Try harder to create a dynamic picture next week! Congratulations.

Will Jonny and Connan please step forward.

Jonny, the judges were livid with your decision to not complete the shoot appropriately. It showed arrogance, defiance and disrespect to me and the video I selected for you. However, you did receive first callout last week, and the judges were generally pleased with your other photo, so will that be enough to save you?

Connan, we all know that music and dance is not really your "thing". But instead of using this as a reason to excel, you used it as an excuse to perform poorly. You just didnt put in the required effort and you showed an inability to adapt and step outside your comfort zone.

Boys, I only have one photo in my hands.

The person who is still in the running towards becoming IMDB's Next Top Model is....

CONNAN!!

Jonny, I am very sorry! I was looking forward to seeing you improve and I think you definitely performed better this cycle. Mostly Razz
Good luck with everything in your future. I know we will see more of you
Judging Panel #7! Jonny9-1

CONGRATULATIONS FINAL 8!!

You will find out about your next shoot tomorrow

In the meantime, it is time for you to leave Australia!

Get back on the plane because you are going to....

TOKYO, JAPAN!!!!!
I will see you there ;-)
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bree-ba O'Riley Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:34 am

SHIT'S GETTIN' SHAKEN UP BITCHEZ.
Bree-ba O'Riley
Bree-ba O'Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazara Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 am

^ I concur.
Kazara
Kazara

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 am

I don't want to be here.....

JK I'd rather get eliminated down the road so I can reveal my speech

I'll win this for you Jonny! I promise What a Face
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 am

oh shit, thank you judges Smile ! awesome Like a Star @ heaven
but it was a shock elimination! it was a clark situation!
that rhymes but i'll stop rhyming on this occasion.

sorry to see you go jonny Sad
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:39 am

top 3 ain't harf bad at all!

so good for me.

sad for jonny.

connan's been overpraised for weeks and the one time he actually does a top 2 worthy week you put him in the bottom 2?!... sorry that's bitchy.

avess's aboriginal shot is 100000000000percent first callout worthy. but the music genre is more, upper half but not the best. so i don't get the unanimous ting for both shots. but avess deserved it this week!

yeah!

exciting
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:40 am

Oh shit! I thought I did decent this time around haha. Even though I did kinda get stuck on the music video shoot, so I went literal. I didn't really like the pictures chosen (again) but eh haha. I'm glad I'm still in! Very Happy Very Happy Number 7 spot again. -______- Hopefully this doesn't mean I'm eliminated on the 7th spot haha.

Congratulations Avess on your first FCO!! Very Happy Very Happy Ya definitely had an awesome Aboriginal Shoot!

I'm sorry to see you go Jonny Sad Especially after getting FCO last week. Sad You did awesometastic this cycle though!!
Mikiel
Mikiel

http://www.myspace.com/485390558

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:40 am

yeah, uh, i took the shot of the music video around 2:49-2:50
i couldn't find anyone to model with me
but the scene is him standing between two poles, playing guitar with fire and those things behind him.
i'm sorry that my mother had no gas to drive me to the nearest chapel or whatever so i found 2 trees that at least had the idea, brought my guitar, tried to find something that would resemble what the guy would wear since i had nothing like it.
sorry i didn't have fire, the same background or zombie people walking around, i REALLY tried and i'm sorry. i thought i could get off with the "you worked with what you had"

i hope you understand that i didn't deliberately not fit the brief. that was the last thing i wanted to do after impressing everyone last week.

Last edited by Jonny-boy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  LTate Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:01 am

CHEERS THEN wrote: connan's been overpraised for weeks and the one time he actually does a top 2 worthy week you put him in the bottom 2?!... sorry that's bitchy.

I'm not sure if I should be insulted that you think my worst photos are my best lol that's ok though, I saw this coming last week.

I'm not shocked the judges didn't like my photos this week. Luckily, now I have room for improvement, and that "ain't not bad. "
LTate
LTate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next