IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Panel #1!!!

+19
Nigel
Ava
Jonny-boy
Cozeanna
This is Chris
Bree-ba O'Riley
Mikiel
ballard_387
Mellykakes
Avess
CHEERS THEN
Chantal
--SeXySHaQ
Killian Machine
StevieMc
Erik
x
Karasu
Sweet_Tyra
23 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Judging Panel #1!!! Empty Judging Panel #1!!!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:14 am

Hello everyone! Welcome to our very first ALLSTARS Judging Panel! This is a very exciting moment, as we see just how much a second chance can mean! I was verrrrry impressed this week, it was great to see everyone putting in so much effort. I dont think I stand alone when I say this is one of the best weeks in INTM history. The pictures are AMAZINGGGG! This is going to be an amazing cycle and let me just say- If you think you have the cycle mapped out in your head- THINK AGAIN!

Please welcome your judges,

Nigel
Firebolt
Bree
Karasu

And a warm and happy welcome to our newest judge and latest winner, WENDY!!!
Some of the comments are missing, but will be included later. I know, I am impatient! But I know all of you are too!

This week, we went back to the beginning of INTM with an Extreme Beauty shot. We wanted to see your creativity and your ability to compose a great picture.
You also shot a full body picture which will be used for the fadeouts in the INTM Episodes. The winner of this will be announced later.

Lets get straight into it!

We are going in alphabetical order today, so first one up is

AVA!!

Judging Panel #1!!! Ava11

SweetTyra: I absolutely love this picture of you. It is so much better than any of the pictures you submitted in Cycle 2. It excites me very much to see such a sudden growth in you, and all I can ask for is that you keep improving. Its like a totally new Ava, I love it. I love your hair and the picture has such a great intensity to it. Great work first week, keep it up!
Firebolt: I think when people think of Ava, they just remember the soft girl with the pretty face, and because of that, they forget how edgy you can be. This is a great shot! I love what you've done with the belt, it almost looks like thats what its supposed to be used for. And the look in your eye is amazing too.
Bree: Miss thang! I did not expect you to do something so un-safe. I'm not going to lie - when I competed against you I never considered you a threat. At this moment I'd say that everyone else should be SCARED of you. You're communicating a lot with your eyes - like "Fuck you, that first call-out is MINE!" My only criticism is that you may have scrunched the brow a bit too much, but you achieved massive ferrociousness nonetheless.
Karasu: FIERCE, i hate that word btw, but im using it because this picture is just that awesome. The only thing i could criticize is the wall behind you, i think if it was just a plain white wall it wouldve been way more dynamic.

AVESS!

Judging Panel #1!!! Avess1

Bree: Beautiful. You are the king of strong eye contact even if it's not right at the camera. You know what I think you should do next week? Look AT the camera. This works for now, but I wanna see Avess hot, fierce, face-on!! But you certainly came ready to bring it this week. Your face looks absolutely magnificent. Brilliant use of your light. Great subtle makeup. In my opinion, you've blown the others away.
SweetTyra: I love the snail idea! I think your face is really powerful, but as a whole this isnt a powerful shot. I think its the styling. It was a really poor choice of clothing, it doesnt fit in with the shot at all and looks so out of place. I wouldve preferred if you had gone shirtless and maybe covered your chest and neck with leaves, that wouldve looked awesome. This just isnt as dynamic as it couldve been, which is disappointing because your original of this shoot was my favourite of the week and one of my favourite of the cycle.
Karasu: I LOVE everything about this picture. I disagree with leigh on the wardrobe thing, I think it makes the shot look modern/artisitic. Everything is just perfect in this picture, i dont have anything bad to say about it. I think its one of the best in intm history =D.

BALLARD:

Judging Panel #1!!! Ballard1

Karasu: Love the setting/props, i think its the most creative so far. I know you were going for soft/natural,but i would've liked to see more emotion in your face. Its a great shot nonetheless
Bree: Even though you're the hard-hearted dude of the competition, you've actually got a very soft face. I think your features have photographed quite well in this. It's pleasing to the eye and the composition is okay, but I wish I were getting a more active emotion. I don't doubt that anything is natural... it's quite natural. I just think it lacks some excitement
SweetTyra: The idea for this shoot was very interesting! Really impressed with the creativity and your connection with the camera is really nice, you look soft and vulnerable, something we didnt see from you last time. I wish your whole left eye was covered, the tiny bit of eyeball is distracting. And i do agree with Bree, it isnt a terrible photo by any means, its quite good, but there just isnt that extra little wow factor. But a good effort first week!

CHANTAL:

Judging Panel #1!!! Chantal1

SweetTyra: This is a very interesting picture, I like it! You look like an angry caged seductress waiting to be released. My only criticism is the lighting. I think it shouldve been lit from above rather than below, because it is quite dark up the top and being a beauty shot, the product is the face, which seems a little dim and not that visible, which is also due to the item.
Karasu: I think if the lighting was different, this wouldve been the best. I do like you in the picture though, I think this is the most unique object out of all the others. Great job as always
Bree: This is one of the most unique ones! Definitely not a safe choice. I see that the blue lipstick has made a triumphant return. I'm not sure if this risk worked. It's kind of minimized the size of your head and maximized the size of your hands. The expression is okay, but we've seen it from you before, and I think something more exagerated would have worked better given that your face is somewhat obscured. It's cool and androgynous, but I think you let your creativity get the best of you. Fear not though... I'd rather you be a bit too creative than too safe!
Firebolt: This shot, for yourself, is disappointing. Its certainly not a BAD shot, but I think it would have been sooo much better without the cage thing because that with the light reflecting off it really obscures your face. This is an alright picture but I want to see the Chanty we all fell in love with in Cycle 3 again.

CHRIS:

Judging Panel #1!!! Chris1

Firebolt: I actually kind of like this picture. Its probably better than any of your cycle 4 pictures. You're giving us a lot of face, and I like how you used the cord. I almost feel like its going to cut your face into sections
Bree: Heheheheh, you're still plugged in! Well Chris, since the last picture of yours that sticks out in my mind is that disastrous webcam pic, I'm so glad you've given us a good-quality, clear pic. I think your face has photographed very nicely, and you're nice and relaxed. I'd say your eyes are maybe a bit TOO relaxed though? It feels like you're not really looking at anything... OMG, like a robot! 'Cause you're plugged in!
SweetTyra: This picture is really interesting, I like it, its definitely the best youve shown us. I totally disagree with Bree about the eyes, I love how you havnt tried too hard to give us that intense squinty eye expression, that doesnt always fit in with the whole composition. But your kind of glassy gaze seems really appropriate in this shot, it has the perfect amount of intensity and it all fits together quite nicely. Great job!

MORE TO COME!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Judging Panel #1!!! Empty Re: Judging Panel #1!!!

Post  Karasu Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:35 am

heyyyy i didnt finish my comments Sad
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:47 am

Yeah, I will edit them in Karasu Razz Like I said, impatient and i know everyone else is waiting too haha

LETS CONTINUE!!

CONNAN:
Judging Panel #1!!! Connan1

SweetTyra: I LOVE this picture!!! You look so mysterious and and kind of suspicious, I wanna know what you did! The arrangement of the leaves is great. I loved how you actually used three different items and gave me 3 different scenarios, it made your film very interesting. Your bone structure is amazing. Why the hell did we eliminate you in Cycle 2? We were clearly deluded. Great first week!
Bree: *drool* Connan, your strength is that you know your angles and you know where your face looks the best. This picture showcases just that. Your eyes are just perfect and you have a sneaky, kind of sexy, mischievous look... like a little elf almost. Like the hands, in love with the extension of the neck. Go Connan!!

COZY:

Judging Panel #1!!! Cozy1

Bree: This is so classic Cozy... with a twist! I love the choices you've made with your makeup and hair. I just think the mouth is messing it up a bit. I'd have either opened it more or shut it completely. Half-open it's a bit... Anya'scovergirlpicutre. Everything but the mouth is lovely, but with that half-open thing going on you look a bit bewildered.
SweetTyra: I LOVE the expression, and I disagree with Bree about the lips, they were actually the deciding factor between this and another shot. I love the pursed lips and the doe eyes, you look very beautiful and ethereal. Im a little worried the eyes may come across as a little vacant though, when I look at it, sometimes I feel something and sometimes I dont, its weird. But a great first shot, well done.

ERIK:

Judging Panel #1!!! Erik1

SweetTyra: I love the item you chose, and I love how you didnt just stick it onto your face, but incorporated it on. I love how the arm is wrapped along your forehead. Also, the colour is great, sticking to the whole brown autumn feel, the object matches your skin and your skin matches the wall, but all in slightly different shades. Its really pleasing to the eye. The only negative is your skin, it is quite blotchy and looks unhealthy and unclean. I dont mind if you edit your pictures to make your skin look better, especially for beauty.
Firebolt: I love this shot! I love how you've used the little wooden thing. I haven't figured out what is it yet, but I feel like the way its arm is wrapped around your head is symbolic of something. I love the angle and the conviction in your eyes most of all. Keep up the good work!
Bree: This is THE coolest object yet! Your eyes are just piercing and beautiful. I think this is better than ALL your C2 pictures. I don't really have much else to say, except maybe don't turn your mouth so close to camera because it looks a tad proportionate. But I"m nitpicking because this picture is near perfection.

JARED:
(Jeraldo)

Judging Panel #1!!! Jared1

SweetTyra: Well, you just made it in time, but Im glad you did! You have such an amazing ability to speak with your eyes, they are always so powerful and this is no exception. Its like an actual conversation with your eyes rather than "look at me, im modeling and being fierce and smizing" *blegh*. Good job first week. Just dont be late again!
Bree: The king is back! And oooh, albino chic! This is one of the better shots in that it's on the top half of the photos, but it's definitely not one of the best. You are the King of Quirky, so I appreciate the expression and think it's rather interesting and sprite, but I think because it's so tight it comes off as amateurish and a bit Myspacey. Next week go for a wider shot so we can get more of the magic! Glad to have you back.
Firebolt: Well I'm glad you made it! I was disappointed because I thought you weren't going to submit anything and miss out on this cycle. This is a good picture. Your eyes photograph really well, as do your lips. I like what you've done with the feather as well. I think we can expect every bit of creativity from you this cycle as we got in cycle 2. Just please be on time next week!

JONNY:

Judging Panel #1!!! Jonny1

SweetTyra: I love this shot of you! You had a really great film, I was stuck between 3 pictures to choose. The eyes are just...POW. I love your eyes. What I like about this as well is that the pose is simple, but still dynamic. A word of advice- dont go to crazy and throw your head back really far like you did in a few of your other shots because it isnt really a good look. But great first week!
Firebolt: I like this picture! I like how you've used the cord to tie yourself up and how it looks like the wind is blowing through your hair. Your face is ok, but a little too stiff. But great job this week!

JONO:

Judging Panel #1!!! Jono1

SweetTyra: Oh, Jono haha. Im so glad you decided to return. I LOVE this picture. Your creativity is just mind-boggling. This looks like a HF shoot and I can totally picture this in a cool indie fashion magazine. Ive gotta say though, you looked like a demented possessed rooster in most of your other shots haha. Just dont go too crazy all the time. But in saying that, you have great facial control in this picture and its a great start, well done.
Bree: Props for creativity, but for the actual picture, you can do better. Your eyes are great butthey'd be so much more powerful if you lifted your head. It kind of looks like all them feathers are weighing you down. I think the expression would have read way better had you lifted your head, because you just look kind of reluctant and pissed.

MORE TO COME!

Last edited by Sweet_Tyra on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  x Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:48 am

oh FML, you guys are too good this cycle. can't wait to see everyone else's photos. come on leeeeeee!!

x

Back to top Go down

Post  Erik Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:51 am

YAY! You guys liked my picture! And yeah, I'm sort of breaking out right now, but I'm working on cleaning up. lol. And since I sometimes would edit my skin in Cycle 2, I sort of felt like keeping it natural with this photo, because aside from my skin, I was really pleased with how it turned out. But I'll take your advice!
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

Post  StevieMc Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:52 am

Oh God, these are so good! I'm really really worried now!!

Why does my name have to start with S?!?

StevieMc

Back to top Go down

Post  x Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:53 am

awkward_silences wrote:YAY! You guys liked my picture! And yeah, I'm sort of breaking out right now, but I'm working on cleaning up. lol. And since I sometimes would edit my skin in Cycle 2, I sort of felt like keeping it natural with this photo, because aside from my skin, I was really pleased with how it turned out. But I'll take your advice!

Erik, I don't like your photo. I fucking love it, i would have never thought about using that block thingy. Your picture exudes creativity and it's a GREAT shot!

x

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian Machine Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:55 am

... fuck.

Everyone is so good. I'm so so nervous now.

Killian Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Erik Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:57 am

Aww, thanks Robbie/Oregon! lol. That was actually one of the test shots I had talked about taking earlier that I would up liking. I did the shoot twice. One natural, one with make-up and my hair done, but I think the natural ones had a more earthy feel, so I definitely see why Leigh chose it. I'm excited to see your shot!
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:59 am

KILLIAN:

Judging Panel #1!!! Killian1

SweetTyra: I really like your face in this shot, I think it is the softest we have seen you and you are looking great, congrats on the weight loss! I have an issue with the lighting in this shot though, you havnt lit your face very well at all and i dont like the shadow in the background. Maybe it has something to do with the quality of the picture, i dont know. I know you said it wasnt like that until you uploaded it, so maybe find other ways of uploading your photos to avoid the grainy appearance.
Bree: This is still just kind of amateur, especially compared to the others. You look like you were just about to hit a facial pose. Your eyes are a bit sleepy. I love the way your mouth looks though. I think this is far better than the majority of your pictures in Cycle 3, but everyone else is communicating with their eyes really well, and you haven't really done that. Study your eyes in the mirror, and that will help you. Nice haircut and props on the weight-loss, BTW!!
Firebolt: Killian, to be honest I never felt like you deserved to make the final 3 in cycle 3, and even though this might be my favorite picture of you to date, I'm still not impressed. Something just isn't enough. The grainy quality doesn't help things either.
Karasu: I'm not really impressed with this, i was expecting way more from you because when you were eliminated you were actually getting pretty good. I'm not saying its a bad picture, its just not as great as the others. I wish there was more ....something in this picture, its just a little underwhelming.

MANNY:

Judging Panel #1!!! Manny1

Bree: Eh, when I look at photos of you like your runway photo and your killer photo, I see someone who's not afraid of the camera and someone with a lot of sass. This seems really reserved for you, Manny. There's an expression there, but I feel like it's only halfway there. You know pretty much all of the judges are going to talk about neck... It's just not there. On the bright side, the way the light has hit your face has made your bone structure look really pretty.
SweetTyra: I gotta say, Im a little bit disappointed by this. Going by your previous performance, beauty shots were never your forte, but I was expecting more. It looks too messy to me and although I think thats what you were going for, it doesnt look purposely fashion messy, it just looks like you couldnt be bothered doing your hair and just left it that way when you woke up. But, I do really like the expression and I think you are connecting quite nicely with the camera.

MEL:

Judging Panel #1!!! Mel1

Bree: Oooh, Mel, you look like you've grown years since cycle two! However, I don't know if your modeling abilities have grown with your beautiful beautiful looks. I feel like we saw this expression from you a lot in cycle two, and you're trying to read emotive, but it really reads as vacant. You're caught somewhere between puppy-dog eyes and bedroom lips. You need a bit more time to experiment, because it's not just about being pretty... if it were you'd probably win because you're so so gorgeous.
SweetTyra: I like it, I think you look really soft and beautiful. I think you could have pushed just a little bit harder though, I wouldve liked a little more intensity in the eyes. Im gonna be Tyra and make up a new word now. I want you to Intize me! Intensity with the eyes, yo! Its a beautiful shot and its hard to criticise, but yeah I just feel like your eyes arennt piercing through me enough.

MIKIEL:

Judging Panel #1!!! Mikiel1

SweetTyra: FUCKKK MEEE this is great, I love this shot!!! In just the first week of the competition, I am already saying that we have one of the best photos in the history of INTM. Maybe I should calm down a little. But this is fantastic. The styling is incredible. Perfect expression, perfect angle, perfect lighting. There is not one negative thing i can say. I just cant stop looking at it. Congrats, this is great!
Bree: This is probably the most unique of all the shots. You have one of the hugest accessories, yet you're not letting it wear you. You shine through. I like the eyes - they're half-fierce, half-inquisitive (note to other models: there's a difference between inquisitive eyes and a question mark). It's like, "You talkin' to me?" a-la Bobby DeNiro. But in a more fashion way. Your body is also perfect in this. You ended C3 on such a down note, but now... Mikiel the king is back!
Firebolt: Mikiel is back! I had no doubt that you would impress us this week. I love the prop you choose to use, I think you modeled it extremely well and the pose is so elegant.

MORE TO COME!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  x Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:59 am

im exicted too! i really hope lee chose the shot i'm hoping he did... Neutral this anticipation is horrible!

x

Back to top Go down

Post  --SeXySHaQ Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:00 am

StevieMc wrote:Oh God, these are so good! I'm really really worried now!!

Why does my name have to start with S?!?
Haa. Funny, since I was thinking the same exact things. =|
--SeXySHaQ
--SeXySHaQ

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian Machine Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:01 am

crap.

=(

Killian Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Chantal Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:02 am

Oh, Mikel you look beautiful

i want this on a canvas in my room, well if my room wasn't so girlie and more arty

if i was going to open an art gallery i would have this picture in it lol

xx
Chantal
Chantal

https://www.facebook.com/The.Channyzon?ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  StevieMc Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:05 am

Mikiel that is absolutely stunning! First call-out is yours dude!

StevieMc

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:06 am

i really really love mikiel's and cozy's. she looks so ethereal and kate bushy. and mikiel reminds me of the song the lord of the reedy river. it's perfect. erik's is fabulous too. chantal had a brilliant idea. i took avess's picture so i'm partly proud that everyone likes it! i dont think its one of the best ever like karasu said, but it might have been if, like leigh said, he had on a more connected outfit ...
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:08 am

OREGON:

Judging Panel #1!!! Robbie1

Bree: This is an angle for your face that could have been risky. You have a wider nose-bridge, but the way you tilted your head, it looks more like your eyes are far apart in an alienesque way. Your lips also look pillowy and sexy. You tilted your headjust enough so that we can't see your brains through your nostrils. Great job, glad to see you back!
SweetTyra: Your film was really good, you gave me a lot of variety, I remember praising you for the same thing in Cycle 3, its definitely one of your assets. I think this shot is really interesting, you look really soft but slightly intimidating at the same time and your features are popping out quite nicely. I think the chin maybe should have been lowered just a liiiitle bit more and like Bree said, it was a risky angle but it still kinda works. Great job for the first week

SHAQ:

Judging Panel #1!!! Shaq1

SweetTyra: This is a million times better than your Cycle 3 efforts. I can tell youve tried a lot harder this time round. Actually I hate to say it, but I think youve tried TOO hard. The hand placements are very confusing. If there was just one, either one, I think it would look amazing but the two together just looks like youve tried too hard to do something odd but you havnt pulled it off as well as you could have. I dont like the expression either, its way too...in-yo-face. But I am pleasantly surprised and I would love to see what else you can do.
Bree: There's something interesting about your expression here, Shaq, and your face has photographed nicely. I'm not so sure about the placement of the hands. Your left hand resting on your jaw bone is pure perfection, the right hand takes away from the shot's natural elegance. This shot shows a lot of potential, and you look like you have intent behind your expression. I think you're taking the competition more seriously.
Karasu: WOW i was not expecting this at all. This is 3 billion times better than your cycle 3 stuff combined. I love the expression and your left hand, it looks really awesome. My one critique is your right hand-- which kind of ruins the shot, without it this picture would've been my favorite. You still did an awesome job though =D.
Firebolt: Props, for upping your game from cycle 3, though you still have a looooong way to go. With this picture, you actually gave us some "oomph!" in your face. It might have been a better shot without the hands though.

STEVIE:

Judging Panel #1!!! Stevie1

Karasu: hm, i'm not really sure about the styling, you look like a female swimmer from the 1930's. I think this wouldve been better if there was something more extreme on your head. Your eye contact is great though
Firebolt: To be honest I'm not a fan of this picture. I feel like its too plain, theres nothing special about it, nothing that I'll remember 3 seconds after I turn the page. I think you could have given us a little more expression in the face and used a better prop.
Bree: There are equal good parts and bad parts of this picture. I love the top half of it. Your eyes are mysterious-looking and tense without being too tense - fashion-tense!! On the other hand I think your mouth looks a little strangely pursed, like you'reholding your breath. The shape of your head looks really cool here.
SweetTyra: I think this shot is much better than the other judges think it is. I really like the simplicity of this shot. Theres not too much happening and its not too busy, but it is still powerful. Im loving your eyes and all the makeup, but the bottom of your cheeks do look a little puffy. Bree copied my comment, it does kinda looks like you are holding your breath a little haha. I have to commend you though for thinking about your shoot so much, you told me the reason why you chose to apply the makeup that way and it showed knowledge and creativity so well done.

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST MODEL TO LEAVE INTM CYCLE 5?
FIND OUT

TOMORROW!!!

And keep checking back for edited judges comments!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  --SeXySHaQ Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:08 am

Chantal, I don't know why or how, but your picture oddly makes me think of Lady Gaga. Smile

And Mikiel, I have to give you your props. Damn good job, dude.
--SeXySHaQ
--SeXySHaQ

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian Machine Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:10 am

... so yeah, I'm eliminated.

love Mikiel's shot! very well done!

Killian Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:11 am

Woah (nearly) everyone HAS stepped it up!! I agree about the Lady GaGa comment Very Happy
And I love Cozy's and Mikiel's

Wow
Avess
Avess

https://www.facebook.com/avess.arshad

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellykakes Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:12 am

Killian Machine wrote:... so yeah, I'm eliminated.

NO I AM!!
Mellykakes
Mellykakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian Machine Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:13 am

MellyMoe wrote:
Killian Machine wrote:... so yeah, I'm eliminated.

NO I AM!!

whatyoutalkin' 'bout

your picture was very nice!

Killian Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Chantal Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:15 am

ooouff seen my muscle, its so sexyy ha
Chantal
Chantal

https://www.facebook.com/The.Channyzon?ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  StevieMc Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:15 am

Do we find out the call-out order tonight? Please say yes cause I'm now like uber-worried lol!

StevieMc

Back to top Go down

Post  --SeXySHaQ Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:16 am

Omg, Omg, Omg; you guys picked the picture I hated the most and it got and okay critique. I feel so... like I actually have a chance. lol.

I thought Victor was in this?
--SeXySHaQ
--SeXySHaQ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next