IMDBs Next Top Model Cycle 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Panel #8!

+11
Roderick
Chantal
Erik
Nigel
Karasu
Cozeanna
Mikiel
Kazara
Avess
Jonny-boy
Sweet_Tyra
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Judging Panel #8! Empty Judging Panel #8!

Post  Sweet_Tyra Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:51 am

Hello Models! Welcome to your 8th Judging Panel!

This week, we experienced an INTM first- video commercials!
And may I just say that I am beyond impressed! It is something I thought a lot of you would struggle with, but boy have you proven me wrong! The quality of work this week was incredible and youve really shown how diverse you can all be!
You guys really are stars!

However!

The glory of this week will soon end for one of you, as there is an elimination today!

Lets watch what you guys did with this week's SweetTyraPop commercials!

First up:

AVESS:

https://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d26/Avess_/?action=view&current=asdad.flv

Kazara: I was kind of afraid that this was going to be remarkable-but-too-crazy-for-TV like your AstroPolar YouTube vids. Instead, it was a really pleasant surprise! You toned it down and still put the Avess-ness in there, what with the scene skipping/repeating and professional makeup and creative sound effects. xD Not much more to say – it’s clean-cut and mixes your elements of Avess and Japan well, like ST pop and tequila. But I almost want to say you could have been a little wilder to cap on some signature poses or something, or maybe switched up the scene by going back on the stairs (the lemon factory?), because it’s a little too tame in sudden contrast with your usual.
Bree: At first I was kind of rolling my eyes, but by the end of it I was smiling because you had so much fun with it! And your pose with the pop at the end was just darling, like, cheek-pinching cute. I would have expected your voice to be a bit clearer, but you really sounded like you knew the languagewell. Great job at being commercial!!
SweetTyra: Hmmmm I cant decide if I like it or not! I really liked the part where you sang SweetTyraPop and looked to either side, but I dunno, theres something about it that just doesnt flow right with me. I know I told all the judges not to comment and judge on the editing but I just cant help myself with this one haha because it has had quite a negative affect on the overall performance- the repetition of suga-sugashi and that kind of broken record skipping thing youve done has affected the performance of you as a model for me. I think towards the end, youre great, the laugh is really infectious and warm, but the middle of the commercial just makes my head spin a little and its NOT just because of the editing, its because there are just too many different types of "Avess" in that video. Theres Japanese commercial crazy and then just plain crazy and I think you danced on that line.

OREGON:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdEvaMg_Q0E

Kazara: I love how you were not afraid to connect with the Japanese schoolgirl aspect and exude it - it would have been easy for you to ride on the fact that you're already Asian and leave the Toyko vibe back in Toyko just like that. But you didn't, and you practically had me in stitches. This was one of the closest this week to how these commercials actually are, and the way you copied the mannerisms and incorruptibility of a little schoolgirl was spot-on and pretty much impeccable. I just wish maybe you would have spiced up the location a little somehow? Overall, great and you're really moving up in the INTM world.
Bree: You could have taken this a lot more seriously, but I will applaud you for being uninhibited. You showed us a lot of the real Robbie, which is wonderful. I just don't think a lot of your movement was appropriate for a commercial. You were great in being free-spirited and giving us personality, but you must remember that you're modeling!
SweetTyra: Haha LOVIN the dance moves! There were some great moments in your commercial. I loved the face slap on POP haha. The tone of voice almost feels a little aggressive. I cant decide if thats a bad thing or not, because that is a completely legitimate character for a commercial, as long as you commit to it and really connect with the audience. I dont think you were all the way there with that connection though, maybe because I felt a few of the expressions with the eyes looked like you were mocking the process, which I dont think you were at all, I think that maybe you just overacted it. Which again, isnt a bad thing, it just didnt completely work for you, its like the expressions didnt match the tone of your voice. And you pronounced suga-sugashi wrong But overall, it was good and a lot of fun to watch!

CONNAN:

https://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/ltate4life/?action=view&current=INTM.flv&newest=1

SweetTyra: LOL BRAZILIAAAA!!! I like that you really put your personality into it. However, Im afraid that it did come off a little bit forced and you looked VERY self conscious and nervous in parts. You really psyched yourself out this week and I think you did a good job considering all the self doubt you went through. Unfortunately, you brought all of those issues with you into the commercial and it really shows on your face. Creativity wise, it was fantastic, and there were some moments of great, believable facial expressions but it was a little uncomfortable to watch sometimes.
Kazara: I feel like you knew what you wanted from this, but the performance felt very stilted and a bit of a mismark. The "Brazilia!" and picture of Japanese Leigh were really awesome, but they would have been better if you would have perked up and been more enigmatic and gesture-making and all over the screen. The way it is, it feels a bit like you were there 100% in spirit, like you had the script ready and you were gung-ho, but then you actually had to be the model and deliver it and while you were a good model, maybe in this case just by the nature of your face and the lighting (which were both great!), you didn't put much more enthusiasm toward making someone buy the ST pop than anything else on the screen. It's not...bad, exactly, but your best would have been a world of difference from this.
Bree: I think you're trying to get yourself eliminated with this. At least, that's what it seems like. I'm quite disappointed because everything in the tone of your voice is just, "This is lame, so I'm not going to try." You could have done so much more - moved around, SMILED perhaps? The Leigh picture at the end and the Mario music was cute, but just... dude, step it up.

CHANTAL:

https://s887.photobucket.com/albums/ac73/imdb_ntm/?action=view&current=lala.flv

Bree: Girl, you're such a model!! You were the only one who didn't care how silly the material was, you went out, gave it your all, and still MODELED throughout the whole thing. If this were done with professional cameras and editing equipment (and perhaps singing lessons?) it'd be a hit in Japan. Love it, girl! Best of the week so far.
SweetTyra: We are always saying "Chantal, shes so FIERCE, shes so beautiful!" Well, this week you have shown us another side of yourself- you are ADORABLE!!! To be honest, I actually thought you would struggle with this- it didnt seem like something you would excel at, but you have! You are cute, fun, energetic, it was great. I did notice some breaks in character at the end of some shots though, before the scene cuts, but other than that it was near perfect!
Kazara: I think you really nailed the character of these commercials here, with just the little things like how you sang a little jingle at the beginning, the Sheena (Cycle 12)-esque kick, and the pink guitar. Love the outfit and you were definitely the best at letting us know how there was supposed to be a color scheme. I really don’t have any complaints about you in motion, delivering this product, and gushing out a fountain of pink cuteness. Maybe you could have pushed the envelope a tad more is all, because I get how you made it more American, but it wasn’t quuuuuite extreme enough.

MORE TO COME!
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

https://imdbntmallstars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Judging Panel #8! Empty Re: Judging Panel #8!

Post  Jonny-boy Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 am

i am so fucked

and i really don't wanna go
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 am

COZY:

https://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/lindsay0922111/?action=view&current=pop2-2.flv

SweetTyra: Great job!! I think you were one of the most creative with the things you did with the bottle- you played with it, you danced- you burped! LOL that was hilarious! Thank god you are so beautiful because that would usually disgust me, but you did it in such a charming, funny way. I loved the energy, your smile is very warming and friendly and I loved the part in English when you said Love Flavour, really sincere and inviting. I wanna drink some love!! My only criticism is that I didnt really believe you when you delivered the line "I really like it"- it really did read as "No I dont, if i drink any more of this shit im gonna vom everywhere" haha. But other than that, really good commercial!
Kazara: Would that be the Ouran High School Host Club theme song in the background? Haha! I love how there’s sincerity all through this, from making ST pop your bedmate to holding the product out at angles to burping with it to twirling it around on your hands. And I also still get a subtle deliberance in the delivery, like you knew the mood you were going to achieve ahead of time rather than, “Oh, I did x, and that’s cute so I’ll keep it in.” So I think you handled this well and also edited well, since I know you were trying to cut the commercial down to size initially. (OHSHC theme song is now stuck in my head…)
Bree: Your face is your strong point, and your face carried so strongly throughout this video. Absolutely adorable, warm, approachable, great for selling product. The belch is awesome. I love that you show yourself really having fun, but it may have been a bit of a cuteness overkill at some points. But overall, this is absolutely wonderful.

MIKIEL:

http://tinypic.com/m/8z049e/2

Kazara: Even though we have some crazy personalities here, I thought you did the best at incorporating yours. The little interpretative/Thriller moves and the cut scenes with just you smiling were really nice additions. Actually opening the can, pouring ice and the drink into the cup also seemed like a real advertisement’s touch, and your attitude while doing it is all, “80s pop!” and almost exercise-video-esque. But I agree with Leigh, that there was a bit of a shyness in your voice, and while it adds a Japanese schoolgirl genuineness, it also kind of takes away from the jaunty nature of your body and expression in the commercial.
Bree: Love the voice, love the silliness, love your smile. I think your body language might have brought it down a bit. Were you filming in a really tight location? 'Cause your shoulders look a bit tense, like you're afraid to move too much. Anyway, you did a fair job, but I don't know if you fully did the product justice.
SweetTyra: I like it! Its really fresh and fun and it represents the brand really well. I was pleasantly surprised to see this different side of you! It doesnt always have to be about fierce eyes!! It was quite hard to determine what you were saying though, I think you held back a little. I know you dont like the sound of your voice, and you let that inhibit your performance, you seemed confident dancing around and smiling, but once you started talking, it was a different story. You seemed nervous delivering the lines directly to the camera. I personally really like your voice, your accent is quite unique and quirky, so you really need to embrace that rather than be ashamed of it Smile

JONNY:

https://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/DuKiKi/INTMC5/?action=view&current=SweetTyraDirtyPop_0001.flv

SweetTyra: LOL Dirty Pop, I love that. Youve just given me an idea for the next SweetTyraPop collection- sex flavours! Haha. Anyway, I liked the dancing, but I thought your delivery of the lines lacked energy. You looked good and connected well with the camera, but it just wasnt as lively and as exciting as it couldve been. You stuck complete to the loose outline I gave and didnt really add anything of your own. Now was not the time for you to play it safe.
Kazara: Love the Dirty Pop, although when used in tandem with N-SYNC it’s a little odd. xP Also liking the order in which you put the scenes – crazy dance, then take a drink and deliver a line, yet it didn’t feel too formulaic. It’s very Jonny, and you made a great commercial model, at least throughout most of this. However, I didn’t know what color you were based on the setup, and you also seemed a little out of your element in some parts or maybe a bit nervous, especially towards the end when you finished delivering the lines. I believed the lines, but the unwieldy presentation didn’t mix with the otherwise consistent commercial attitude. I think it mostly read in the eyes – probably because those eyes are accustomed to the high-fashion side of this competition!
Bree: Hmm, you look hella cute and styled yourself great, but something about your body language and delivery is just a bit too blah. And in some of your video confessionals you are very charming and charismatic, so this is a bit surprising and disappointing. I think you got the modeling aspect - your eyes sparkle - but you're not as good of a spokesperson as I thought you'd be. I was surprised that you said in another topic that you'd rather give too much than too little, because... you really didn't give that much here. It's an okay commercial, but what has bothered me is your attitude. You threw a total tantrum when you were eliminated, and your elimination was no less fair than anyone else's. Then to take the invitation back but burst back with a "Fuck you!!" and call us "assholes," and not even apologize when Leigh gave you such a great opportunity is a dick move. And you turned around and acted like it didn't happen. It didn't show that you were grateful. It was quite disrespectful. I wish you had apologized. If you did, I wouldn't have a huge problem. But you never did.

JARED:

https://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee328/JeraldoSanchez/?action=view&current=popfinal_0001.flv

Bree: Trippy, bud! I think you look very cute and you put a lot of yourself into it, and you did try to model. The only thing is that you seem to be a bit too much in your own head; you weren't thinking about connecting with the camera. I'm surprised because it makes you seem shy, and we know you're not shy! Anyway, you were nice and bright and sunny,but it may have been a bit too "out there."
SweetTyra: Yes, very cute!! Especially at the end. But I disagree with Bree. While I do see you in your own world and your own mind like she said, I dont think it has come across as shy, it comes across as sweetness and adorable-ness haha. And I thought you connected amazingly well with the camera. I liked the little speech at the beginning. The whole ad to me is very tranquil and is like, "Aw youre sad! Let Jared and SweetTyraPop make you feel warm and fuzzy inside!" Or something haha. The brief did kinda call to be crazy and wild, and I was excited to see that side of you, but I feel that this particular angle still works. What I didnt like was the amount of dancing- I think you overdid it. But a great job overall.
Kazara: Totally agreeing with Bree on the trippy quality of this! But it was absolutely transfixing and the offbeat retro-future thing was great. That (modern Celtic?...Am I way off?) music was a great choice and the line delivery was great. However, I do think the dancing took up too much of the length of the video, and it would have worked in smaller portions, but I see that you were trying to quickly integrate some stellar model poses. I do kind of see the whole “in your own little world” thing, but I think it’s just because you chose to stray away from the Japanese path and draw up a new design from scratch, and plus the music choice and some of the dancing might give a “Jeraldo’s world and not the modeling world” vibe. But I’m overall really impressed with this!

THE JUDGES WILL NOW DELIBERATE!!

When I call you back, somebody will...

be...

ELIMINATED!!!

Last edited by Sweet_Tyra on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 am

i'm too tame but too crazy in one panel? woe is me!
Avess
Avess

https://www.facebook.com/avess.arshad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazara Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:14 am

Consider the source, eh? Razz
Kazara
Kazara

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 am

JARED you've scarred me, but I like that Very Happy
And Cozy, yours is brilliant
Like just brilliant from go

COZY FOR #1
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 am

Aahhh!! Chantal and Cozy for top 2! I have no clue what my call out is gonna be haha. Yeah I still have problems with my voice Razz hahahah

To Bree: Yeah I shot in a tight-ish soot haha. The toilet was just barely out of the shot, but the sink still slightly made it hahah.
Mikiel
Mikiel

http://www.myspace.com/485390558

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:30 am

Sweet_Tyra wrote:My only criticism is that I didnt really believe you when you delivered the line "I really like it"- it really did read as "No I dont, if i drink any more of this shit im gonna vom everywhere" haha.
Hahahahahahahaha that made me laugh out loud! Then my mom ran up the stairs saying "I see that the videos are up for this week."
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozeanna Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:31 am

YAY everybody was so good! im really surprised, especially since i wasn't sure the boys could pull off peppy and cute without looking totally creepy. BUT YOU DID!!!

wow.

this elimination is gonna suck.

Mikiel your video won't load for me! i think it's because my internet is slooooowwww. i'll try again.

And Leigh was right i WAS gonna vom everywhere. i shouldn't alett it show tho. I did all these takes where i was trying to pour the soda directly down my throat. BADNESS.

IM ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT
Cozeanna
Cozeanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:32 am

youtube! Very Happy hahah. hopefully that works :]
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Cozeanna Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:36 am

yay! i love it! i think you did like the music+editing the best the way it kinda pulses. really pro.
Cozeanna
Cozeanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 am

Thank yous! Very Happy I'm glad my editing came out good. I've never edited videos before so I had to learn all that mess in one day, and I was worried it come out amateurish haha. Very Happy

p.s: I can't stop watching your vid haha. I think this is my fourth time watching it -_______-
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweet_Tyra Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 am

Welcome back, models!

Wow, I cannot believe we will be down to the Final 7 very soon! The competition is going to get tougher than ever after this!

There are 8 of you standing before me, but I only have 7 screenshots in my hands. If i do not call your name you know what it means! You will no longer be in the running towards becoming IMDBs Next Top Model.

The first name I am going to call is......

CHANTAL!!!!
Congrats! We all loved your commercial!
Judging Panel #8! Th_lala

The next name I will call....

COZY!! This was a very close call! You have been floating in the middle throughout the whole competition, so I hope you bring the same magic you had in your commercial back into your photoshoots!

AVESS!

MIKIEL!!!

JARED!!!

Three names left! The next name I will call is....

OREGON!!!

Will Connan and Jonny please step forward.

Well, boys De Ja Vu! We are seeing both of you stand here again for the second week in a row. And unfortunately, it has been your attitudes that have effected your performances.

Connan, we did see some promise in your eyes during the commercial. However, you gave up on this task from the very beginning, on the edge of quitting just because you werent sure if you could do it. After trying, youve showed the judges, and hopefully yourself, that it was nowhere near as bad as you thought it would be. However, your lack of confidence in yourself didnt allow you to let go of your inhibitions and just believe in yourself as a model.

Jonny, you really needed to blow the judges away this week. You had 5 penalty points against you as it was from being let back in last week. You needed to show us that you are confident and commercial and that you are able to create strong commercial connections with an audience. You burnt your bridges last week when you offended some of the judges with your reaction. This could have been rectified with a great commercial and an apology, but we got neither.

So what do we do? Give Jonny one more chance because we see a lot of potential and hope he will learn from his mistake? Or keep Connan despite giving him the same critique 2 weeks in a row about his attitude towards the shoots?

The last person still in the running towards becoming IMDB's Next Top Model is....

CONNAN! You are a great model and you have loads of potential. I can definitely see you making it to the end and winning, so dont give up on yourself!

Jonny, Im very sorry Sad
Sweet_Tyra
Sweet_Tyra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 am

It's an okay commercial, but what has bothered me is your attitude. You threw a total tantrum when you were eliminated, and your elimination was no less fair than anyone else's. Then to take the invitation back but burst back with a "Fuck you!!" and call us "assholes," and not even apologize when Leigh gave you such a great opportunity is a dick move. And you turned around and acted like it didn't happen. It didn't show that you were grateful. It was quite disrespectful. I wish you had apologized. If you did, I wouldn't have a huge problem. But you never did.

uh, lol, yeah, my elimination was fair. did you not even read what i wrote? i said i deserved to be eliminated last week. did i say my elimination was unfair? did i disagree with it? no, i did not. so that's not why i was pissed and "threw a tantrum". thanks for trying to imply otherwise.
and yeah, i haven't apologized for what i said yet, because it's still totally fucking irritating. so don't save your "i have a huge problem with you" shit for panel and use it as an excuse to badmouth me when you should be judging my performance. i apologize if i was rude back to you guys(even though the only person who did apologize for what they said was Leigh). and even if YOU-Bree-want to think i'm ungrateful, Leigh, Jono, and everyone else who isn't waiting around for panel to bitch at me, knows that even if i was rude, i was honestly entirely grateful to have a second chance. if i wasn't, i obviously wouldn't have taken it. i would've said "fuck you" anyway and left. i don't think i deserved another chance, but i'm glad i got it.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:46 am

ah, thanks anyway, Leigh. somehow i knew i was going to screw up again this week with the commercial, but it was good to get to try again. Smile
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:47 am

Sad

I'm glad you stayed this long though. I hope you stick around and dont go ballard on us Very Happy
Karasu
Karasu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 am

thank you judges!
sad to see you go, again, jonny! don't do a finchie
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:49 am

<<<plummeting virginity rates>>>
Avess
Avess

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:49 am

Jonny-boy wrote:

. i apologize if i was rude back to you guys(even though the only person who did apologize for what they said was Leigh)..

what did we say?
Nigel
Nigel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:49 am

pssh, no. i know i can be a real asshole, but i am not BATSHIT INSANE enough to fake a suicide attempt.

and yeah, i've totally got this wiki thing to work on now too. i just hope i can contribute to the game in some way.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:50 am

I'm sad to see you go Jonny Sad I didn't want anyone to go home this week to see if everyone can prove themself in a picture.

But holy crap 4th!? That's honestly way better than I thought I would land! Very Happy I was expecting the lower half of the bottom 4.

Congratulations Chantal and Cozy!
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:54 am

Nigel wrote:
Jonny-boy wrote:

. i apologize if i was rude back to you guys(even though the only person who did apologize for what they said was Leigh)..

what did we say?

well you didn't imply that i pissed off the brief on purpose, so you weren't really included in the "assholes" thing. thought y'all would figure that it was only directed to dem judgez.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikiel Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:57 am

oh yeah, and I give first call out to Connan's "Brazilia!" That was hilarious.
Mikiel
Mikiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Erik Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:58 am

Oregon, I laughed my ass off at your commercial. I now hope you win.
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

Post  Chantal Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 am

Yeyyy I'm so happy lol

thank you judges Smile xx
Chantal
Chantal

https://www.facebook.com/The.Channyzon?ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next